I hope someone suffers for this great injustice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac wilson said:
Eah, don't waste your breath.

Ya know they say that everyone deep down knows what's right but I think that you have to be taught it by your parents and it's not something you learn elswhere.

So many people are just the result of thousands of years of habit.They really don't know, and in that respect you can't blame them. You work with what you have

WTF.
Everybody knows right from wrong. Its not difficult to see. Some people choose to ignore it.

ciggy50 said:
its called fraud , plain and simple

way to take my post way outta context...
if he HAD stuck pixels...then because of DELL's policy, he would be entitled to a replacement...the fact that it is torn has nothing to do with it.
gaaaaa...some people make me so mad
for instance...i had a 2005FPW that had 3 stuck pixels and some backlight issues....so i called up dell and they sent a replacement...is that faud>?....not a chance
same thing...if he had stuck pixels....and called up dell and got a replacement....thats not fraud...
unless he caused the stuck pixels himself....which i hightly doubt he did....
so BACK OFF MAN

So if I have a clogged fuel injector on my car which is under warranty, I can total it, get it towed back to the dealership and say replace the car because the fuel injectors were covered under the warranty?

Octave said:
way to take my post way outta context...
if he HAD stuck pixels...then because of DELL's policy, he would be entitled to a replacement...the fact that it is torn has nothing to do with it.
gaaaaa...some people make me so mad
for instance...i had a 2005FPW that had 3 stuck pixels and some backlight issues....so i called up dell and they sent a replacement...is that faud>?....not a chance
same thing...if he had stuck pixels....and called up dell and got a replacement....thats not fraud...
unless he caused the stuck pixels himself....which i hightly doubt he did....
so BACK OFF MAN

There's a big difference between a manufacturer defect and fucking it up yourself. (Or in this case someone else did it)

Goat_187 said:
just bring her to the monitor, point at the scratch, and ask her:

wayne_props.jpg
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Dude! I have seen that skit twice now on the Dave Chappel show and I laughed hard each time...just like now..HAhAhahahahaHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh1 :D :D

Actually I would break out the Exlax brownies for this!!!!

Have you tried cleaning the monitor with a microfiber cloth and cleaning solution? I woke up this morning and freaked out when I saw what looked like a scratch on my 2405, I even felt the surface and felt the relief of what looked like a nik in the monitor I thought for sure I had somehow scratched it on accident until I cleaned it with the microfiber cloth and cleaning solution and it went away.

Hvatum said:
Yeah sorry dude that was me. i was walking through your back yard and saw that beautiful dell 2405FPW, just seeing it made me mad b/c my parents wouldn't let me buy one. your window was open so i just crawled in and was gonna steal it but i heard your sister comming, so i just scratched it and left.

haha...this thread is too funnay.

ramuman said:
So if I have a clogged fuel injector on my car which is under warranty, I can total it, get it towed back to the dealership and say replace the car because the fuel injectors were covered under the warranty?

not even close to the same thing...
it'd be more like.....if your motor froze up and needed to be replaced....which was under warrenty....and maybe you took a screw driver to the fuel injector for shits and giggles after the fact by accident.....you get the motor replaced....but that has nothing to do with the fact that u messed up the fuel injector yourself after the motor was already defective.
They have to replace the motor because of warrenty...but you could have lived with the fact that you messed up a fuel injector slightly...but it comes with the package.
You didnt cause the need for replacement....they did.....its just that your ass happens to be covered this time around.......
now if the fuel injector was fubared and you freeze the berings on the motor by your own stupidy...then all they have an obligation to do is replace the fuel injector or something

its just amazing to me that people cant see this.

EricDawg said:
How sad you are to think that the people that suggest doing the right thing are "negative". You've said it all. That's the shit world we live in these days. People fuck up then "expect" to be bailed out because it wasn't their fault. Sigh. :rolleyes:

ur not in his place, and its easy to suggest the "right" advice when you have nothing to lose....i just hope you practice what u preach cuz then ur worst off than the ppl u judge. i just doubt that EVERYONE that suggest to do the right thing actually would..i didnt say all

Taken from Dell Limited Warranty and Returns Policy
This limited warranty does not cover:
Problems that result from: External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power

After the 21 day "Dell Satisfaction" warranty is up,
the 3 year limited is all you would have had left..

And since there is a huge tear caused on your end.. you are SOL.
And if you try returning it.. you will end up paying for shipping and getting jack.

Octave said:
not even close to the same thing...
it'd be more like.....if your motor froze up and needed to be replaced....which was under warrenty....and maybe you took a screw driver to the fuel injector for shits and giggles after the fact by accident.....you get the motor replaced....but that has nothing to do with the fact that u messed up the fuel injector yourself after the motor was already defective.
They have to replace the motor because of warrenty...but you could have lived with the fact that you messed up a fuel injector slightly...but it comes with the package.
You didnt cause the need for replacement....they did.....its just that your ass happens to be covered this time around.......
now if the fuel injector was fubared and you freeze the berings on the motor by your own stupidy...then all they have an obligation to do is replace the fuel injector or something

its just amazing to me that people cant see this.

My impression is he didn't care enough about the dead pixels to get it replaced, but now that there's a tear in it, he wants it replaced. Dell has a generous satisfaction policy, not a dead pixel policy per se.

I can't think of a direct analogy for dead pixels in cars, but if there was some small defect that was considered, industry wide, to be acceptable - then let's consider that.

Your dealer assures you complete satisfaction. You take the car home and find this small defect - perhaps the car comes with 10 miles on it and you wanted one with 0 miles. You don't complain, and then you do something relatively major to the car. If you take that car back to the dealership and ask for a replacement for the odometer not being at 0, then how is that fair to the dealership?

Back to your/my example. If something on the motor is faulty, then the dealer would most likely replace that part, not the entire engine. So you have this fault (injector clogged) which can be easily rectified by having the dealer replace or clean the injector. Now, you get in a war of words with your sister who takes a sledgehammer to the valve covers and ruins the valves, cams and springs. Should the dealer foot that bill too when fixing the injectors?

This thread should be locked, there's nothing sensible that's come out of this - let him do what he wants.

ramuman said:
My impression is he didn't care enough about the dead pixels to get it replaced, but now that there's a tear in it, he wants it replaced. Dell has a generous satisfaction policy, not a dead pixel policy per se.

I can't think of a direct analogy for dead pixels in cars, but if there was some small defect that was considered, industry wide, to be acceptable - then let's consider that.

Your dealer assures you complete satisfaction. You take the car home and find this small defect - perhaps the car comes with 10 miles on it and you wanted one with 0 miles. You don't complain, and then you do something relatively major to the car. If you take that car back to the dealership and ask for a replacement for the odometer not being at 0, then how is that fair to the dealership?

Back to your/my example. If something on the motor is faulty, then the dealer would most likely replace that part, not the entire engine. So you have this fault (injector clogged) which can be easily rectified by having the dealer replace or clean the injector. Now, you get in a war of words with your sister who takes a sledgehammer to the valve covers and ruins the valves, cams and springs. Should the dealer foot that bill too when fixing the injectors?

This thread should be locked, there's nothing sensible that's come out of this - let him do what he wants.

I agree, take it up with your parents.

Just let this thread die.

winston856 said:
I agree, take it up with your parents.

Just let this thread die.

as much fun as it is arguing why im right... :D ...

I agree..nothing more can come of this thread..so go ahead and lock her up tighter than ______..(fill in joke here)..
heh

This went for 5 pages!? LOL. I would just deal with it if it wasn't noticeable when it was on. I mean, if you're sitting there looking at it while it's off, you need help. Maybe a psychaitrist would be better than a Dell monitor.

Oh, and if you really don't like it, I'll take it. I'll pm you with shipping info. Hell, I'll even pay shipping. :D

And this my friends is why I'm happy to be an only child. I plan to have one of these soon enough though.

Octave said:
as much fun as it is arguing why im right... :D ...

I agree..nothing more can come of this thread..so go ahead and lock her up tighter than ______..(fill in joke here)..
heh

Actually you had one of the absolute worst car/computer analogies I have EVER seen in a hardware forum. Since they are a dime a dozen now... that is REALLY saying something... REALLY. I'm surprised the other guy, the actual right one, didn't have a field day with just how incredibly weak your agrument was. I always see half-assed analogies and more times than not it's with cars, it is damn impressive to get the gold ribbon like you did. Whenever a car analogy takes more than a line or two... I just get a big ass ear to ear grin at how silly people can be. Plenty of people that would return it read your hooey and scratched their heads.

------------------------------------------

To others that might actually still reason, at the end of the day know this... no one can honestly win a debate where a company SHOULD replace something their sister broke.... I mean come on... GET REAL!!! I dunno if I would be able to take it or not or if I would stoop to their levels... I know I wouldn't kid myself about it though. Just admit you are going to rip-off Dell and move on with it!!! You see because it IS NOT this act that people can't relate too... it's the immatare young-ins and their "reasoning." Everyone's thinking how Dell will survive this FRAUD, but the main issue for some of us is this new idea that you are entitled to everything.

FINAL POINT (and Proof of Concept)... look at the title of this thread..."I hope someone suffers for this great injustice!" Is their really an g'damn question who did it? I read this to be a passing of the buck. You're damn parents won't make your sister pay for it becuase of lousy parenting. Sorry for the harsh reality.. so... let's pass the buck to Dell.

texuspete00 said:
Actually you had one of the absolute worst car/computer analogies I have EVER seen in a hardware forum. Since they are a dime a dozen now... that is REALLY saying something... REALLY. I'm surprised the other guy, the actual right one, didn't have a field day with just how incredibly weak your agrument was. I always see half-assed analogies and more times than not it's with cars, it is damn impressive to get the gold ribbon like you did. Whenever a car analogy takes more than a line or two... I just get a big ass ear to ear grin at how silly people can be. Plenty of people that would return it read your hooey and scratched their heads.

thank you very much :D
im proud to win the gold...i always try to do the best i can
as you can see..i dont know much about cars anyway :p
However, i do know something about returning things, having worked at a couple major retailers of computer parts in my time. If you get somethign that is broken...say a bad hard drive, and you drop it while putting it back in the box and put a dent in it...id still return it for you.
As a side note, i dont know why, but my "g"s seem to get ahead of my "n"s when i type and they are next to each other in a word...anyone else have this issue?...should i send my keyboard back for a refund? Or is my left hand just that much quicker than my right?
heh

I thought Octave's arguments were by far the worst. Since we're keeping score. :rolleyes:

Analogies... we don't need no stinkin' analogies.

It is what it is. Fraud. It worked just fine until his sister fucked it up now he wants a new one in it's place. That's the only story we need to over-analyze.

Try using a capital "I" sometimes. :eek:

To all you old people, I want to appologize for the young people in this thread being assholes. I'm 19, I make almost $9/hr with my job 40 hours a week and I live at home and I STILL cant afford a $900+ monitor.

texuspete00 said:

------------------------------------------

To others that might actually still reason, at the end of the day know this... no one can honestly win a debate where a company SHOULD replace something their sister broke.... I mean come on... GET REAL!!! I dunno if I would be able to take it or not or if I would stoop to their levels... I know I wouldn't kid myself about it though. Just admit you are going to rip-off Dell and move on with it!!! You see because it IS NOT this act that people can't relate too... it's the immatare young-ins and their "reasoning." Everyone's thinking how Dell will survive this FRAUD, but the main issue for some of us is this new idea that you are entitled to everything.

FINAL POINT (and Proof of Concept)... look at the title of this thread..."I hope someone suffers for this great injustice!" Is their really an g'damn question who did it? I read this to be a passing of the buck. You're damn parents won't make your sister pay for it becuase of lousy parenting. Sorry for the harsh reality.. so... let's pass the buck to Dell.

Good points, (though I did start the car analogy with a line. I used it because I just got back in from replacing my car's fuel filter :p).

As others have said, no analogies are needed, it's a simple case of right and wrong.

You're final point is dead on. Shouldn't his parents rectify this?

Cyclone187 said:
To all you old people, I want to appologize for the young people in this thread being assholes. I'm 19, I make almost $9/hr with my job 40 hours a week and I live at home and I STILL cant afford a $900+ monitor.

You should be able to after 2.5 weeks ;)

Cyclone187 said:

I wouldn't put all the blame on young people. We live in an entitlement world now, and it's a lot older people's fault.

Suzy Oldfart goes to McDonalds for a cup of HOT coffee. Puts a STYROFOAM cup between her legs and drives off. Surprise, the cup gets crushed, she burns her crotch, and a jury of us OLDER people say she's ENTITLED to a half a million bucks. After all, there's no warning on the cup saying it's easy to crush it.

Billy Bob Redneck sets up a ladder in frozen pig crap, paints half his barn. Next day the pig crap has thawed, the ladder slips, he breaks his arm and a jury of us OLDER folks say he's ENTITLED to a quarter million from the ladder manufacturer, 'cause there's no warning sticker on it about setting it on frozen crap.

Roger Feet-too-heavy-to-lift-while-walking stubs a toe on a curb in NYC. He's too busy watching traffic because he chose to cross a major intersection when it wasn't his turn. A jury of us OLDER people says he's ENTITLED to a couple thousand. How dare the city not fix that stupid light so he can cross when HE wants to!

I could go on and on...but the soapbox is over in the GM section.

People are simply products of the environment they're being raised in. There are of course people who pride themselves on being "assholes". But that group isn't just younger people.

no moral fortitude and unethical behavior are not rooted in age .

its an aquired disease prevalent in todays society.

fraud = fraud , no matter how you try and justify it .

sermon over :D

LMAO @ this thread...best laugh I've had since I read about getting FREE CANDY at CompuUSA after pricematching...

excerpt for the lazy:

Ok I just went to a "Crap"USA near my house to try this candy deal out ... I brought along my WallGreens AD and it was 2-Snickers for $1.00... I showed the lady at the counter and demanded a price match with $1.00 of the difference! She didn't think this was allowed so she called for the manager ... He comes over and we had a light argument for a couple of minutes then he says ... aww screw it just give him his 2 candy bars ...

If you are willing to risk an arguement just to get some candy, then I highly suggest anyone to do so... TIP*: Keep a straight face

*Rep points for my new candy

Another Exerpt:

HERE'S MY STORY:
Today I went to Brighton, MA to purchase a bulk quantity of candy. I brought in a CVS ad, a Walgreens ad, and another local drugstore ad to purchase a mass of candy. Thus, I restate their policy to the customer service representatives, then show them my ad, and place a wad of bags onto the counter.

However, the woman goes "You can't do that. Then we lose money." I reply, "hey. sometimes you have to lose to gain."

The manager is called and he goes "We cannot do that. I can only allow you to purchase one or two."

I go, "What!" Then luckily there is a police officer in the store roaming around so I pointed and him and called him over. He walks over and asks what is wrong, so I state that they are trying to rip me off when their ad will pricematch with the $1 less. He goes "Okay kid. What's the point of this?"

I go, "free candy. you can buy it all for free for your kids."

The cop goes, "Holy fu*k! Can I have one of those ads?"

I handed him an ad and we're both standing there with the manager with like 5 boxes of candy and the manager goes, "we can't do that officer. it's a loss."

So the officer goes, "Look at my gun. It'll be a bigger loss if you don't give me my skittles."

The manager, without hesitation, rings us up and we leave with 5 boxes of candy: 3 for me, 2 for him.

Yay!

nice story, but i dont believe cops can be making intimidating threats like that to innocent people, especially with a gun to extort candy

Goat_187 said:
IN DEFENSE to all the teenagers with high price stuff:

You old people..... GET OVER IT! We have a job. Yeah, it might be minimun wage but remember we have no bills to pay ;) So even if we make $200 a week, thats $200 we can use for anything we want.
QFT, :) making a measly $80 a week I can afford to build the computer in my sig and many more and restore an old classic car and still have some left over for gas.

LOL to above ^
|

Cyclone187 said:

Start taking accounting classes while you are living at home. Seriously, you can work where ever you want, in any industry you want. Easy job too. Just a FYI.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back