I-INC 25" LCD $150, 28" 250

Talonz

2[H]4U
25" I-Inc $150 shipped, 1920x1080, DEAD
http://www.compusa.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?afsrc=1&EdpNo=4938551&sku=H94-2502&srkey=I-inc+iH-252HPB&SRCCODE=LSCMPUSA&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=lw9MynSeamY-DVsE8TpGmQXg08ia70tnBA

28" I-Inc, 1920x1200
$250 - $30.5 Bing Cashback = $220 shipped
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3326540&CatId=3774

28" Hanns-G, 1920x1200, thanks SJetski71
$260 - $26 Bing Cashback = $234 shipped
link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254026

Edit: Hold off on the 28", word is Newegg is selling the Hanns-G branded 28" at 3pm today PST for $260 shipped, with 10% Bing cashback so you can save a bit over this!
Edit2: $220 shipped after bing cash back from tigerdirect! In for 1!

Last edited:
Free shipping on the 28"! HOT! This monitor rocks. Wish I could affor 2 more and a 58xx series and DP adapter for Eyefinity. Alas that would cost close to $1000. But this monitor is GORGEOUS. Best for the price, ever.

Not sure, but I believe I read that the 28" is identical to the Hanns-G 28"

yup it says 30-day guarantee right on the product page, and you dont have to tell them you're returning it for dead pixels anyway...man $250 for a 28" thats nuts, good find :)

Hold off on the 28", word is Newegg is selling the Hanns-G branded 28" at 3pm today PST for $260 shipped, with 10% Bing cashback so you can save a bit over this!

how does the 25" compare with a higher end Asus VW246H. Is the Asus worth the extra $60?

Careful with the Hanns G and I-Inc 28" LCDs. They are essentially the same monitor. I bought the Hanns G 28" from Costco. Within 3 weeks, the monitor started producing a high pitched hissing. I returned and tried another unit. Same thing again. After the third time, I returned it even if it was a good price.

Hold off on the 28", word is Newegg is selling the Hanns-G branded 28" at 3pm today PST for $260 shipped, with 10% Bing cashback so you can save a bit over this!

Is the cost savings worth keeping 7 dead pixels, in a worst case scenario?

Also, 25" 1080x would be nice for eyefinity @ 450 :)

25" shows unavailable.

2 hdmi + 1 vga = versatility

I wouldn't mind 3 of them.

My summation of the I-INC/Hanns-G is you get what you pay for. Sure, it's a 28" monitor for $250. On the other hand, the color accuracy is quite bad, the DP is noticable and the viewing angle the worst I've ever seen on a monitor (we're talking less than 30 degrees).

I have two on the sides of my 30" HP 3065 in Eyefinity -- they're just barely ok for that. I'd never, however, use one as a primary monitor. If I had to, I'd much rather go with a smaller higher quality screen for my primary (or get a decent HDTV for computer use). That said, I'd estimate $250 is about right for this, but not any more.

I hate to threadcrap, really, but just want to set peoples' expectations when considering this monitor. I wish someone would have posted a real evaluation instead of the "this monitor is amazing" posts before I bought them. If you're expecting to get this for ooo's and aah's in the dorm, you might be disappointed.

Well yea, for the price you can't expect it to be amazing. I have the 25" already, no complaints. Think I'm going to give it to my mom, she's still using like a 15" crt.
Still have the box and she has never been to my apartment, make a good "new" xmas gift for free.

harmattan, hanns g isnt exactly samsung. its still a deal... :)

edit, except apparently with $50 shipping lol?

Huh? Shipping was free with 3-7 day ground. All orders 35lb and under are free right now.

Confirmed!

Newegg = $260 shipped

Servers are seriously getting hammered for their BF sale though

Been using 2 hanns g 28" monitors for a year now and couldn't be happier with them. Calibrated they are just fine on color.

if you buy the newegg hans g, it'll be 260+ tax (if in cali) which after the 10% back makes it 255 whereas for me the compusa deal is 250 shipped no tax (if in cali). I guess you're good either way.

My summation of the I-INC/Hanns-G is you get what you pay for. Sure, it's a 28" monitor for $250. On the other hand, the color accuracy is quite bad, the DP is noticable and the viewing angle the worst I've ever seen on a monitor (we're talking less than 30 degrees).

I have two on the sides of my 30" HP 3065 in Eyefinity -- they're just barely ok for that. I'd never, however, use one as a primary monitor. If I had to, I'd much rather go with a smaller higher quality screen for my primary (or get a decent HDTV for computer use). That said, I'd estimate $250 is about right for this, but not any more.

I hate to threadcrap, really, but just want to set peoples' expectations when considering this monitor. I wish someone would have posted a real evaluation instead of the "this monitor is amazing" posts before I bought them. If you're expecting to get this for ooo's and aah's in the dorm, you might be disappointed.

My opinion exactly on these monitors, you aren't the only one with the same view.

I got in on the one from Newegg.

Not that I have anything against TD / CC.com, but well, its Newegg, I'm just a whore for their van load of candy

Just a word of caution about the I-Inc monitors. A TD employee told me that they have almost a 25% return rate. He told me this as I was asking about what to get as an exchange replacement for my sister who's I-Inc 25-inch arrived DOA...:(

im really tempted to jump on the Hansg 28" monitor to upgrade from my samsung syncmaster 226BW (cpanel :rolleyes: )...

ive been reading a bunch of mixed reviews on the screen though, screen bleeding, bad contrast etc etc...

i dont know what to do

I've owned a Hanns-G LCD 22" ... ridiculous backlight bleed around the edges.

Night and day difference between it and my Dell 2209WA.

Just a word of caution about the I-Inc monitors. A TD employee told me that they have almost a 25% return rate. He told me this as I was asking about what to get as an exchange replacement for my sister who's I-Inc 25-inch arrived DOA...:(

I'll second that. I bought two of the I-Inc 28's last year from Tiger Direct and both got returned for dead pixels and other problems. For as much as everyone bitches about Tiger Direct, my return process couldn't have been easier, 30 days "no questions asked" returns and they paid shipping both ways. I think I may have gotten $20 cashback for Paypal that I never had to return too.

I'll second that. I bought two of the I-Inc 28's last year from Tiger Direct and both got returned for dead pixels and other problems. For as much as everyone bitches about Tiger Direct, my return process couldn't have been easier, 30 days "no questions asked" returns and they paid shipping both ways. I think I may have gotten $20 cashback for Paypal that I never had to return too.
That is good to hear. Never had to return anything to TD. My 25" I-Inc has been fine, hopefully the 28" will be the same.

Just hooked up both of my 25's, holy crap! These are some sweet bang for the buck displays.

I just went with the 28" I-Inc at Tigerdirect. No tax, $30 bing cashback and money in my Paypal account made it a better deal than the Hanns-G at Costco. Hopefully all goes well with it. :)

I just went with the 28" I-Inc at Tigerdirect. No tax, $30 bing cashback and money in my Paypal account made it a better deal than the Hanns-G at Costco. Hopefully all goes well with it. :)
$220 shipped is a steal, and Tiger pays return shipping for up to 90 days.

I have the 28", got lucky with super-even backlighting, and the DPI isn't too large for my taste. I read some of the horror stories but i'm not too worried since the monitor consistently gets good reviews and i only paid $215 total for mine, if it lasts a year i'll consider it paid for.

Gaming on it has been a lot of fun, especially since it accommodates my older games @ 1600x1200 @ 1:1 (you have to have the right settings in the video control panel for that)

Tip: Keep the monitor low on your desk, and keep your eye level closer to the top of the screen, you won't notice as much vertical color shift that way.

I'm using the 28" right now and have since last March. Haven't had any problems at all. Lucky to have a CompUSA/TigerDirect store locally, so didn't have to worry about shipping.

If you have a choice between the Hanns-G and the I-Inc be sure to get the Hanns-G. Even though they are the same basic monitor the Hanns-G has a 3 year warranty vs a one year for the I-Inc. I have a Hanns-G HG281D now for about a year and a half and I still love mine. I may not be as picky as some on here but once I got it calibrated it looks fine by me.

i highly recommend the 28" hanns-g, one of the best computer purchases i ever made

Just got home with my 28" I-Inc. 3 stuck pixels at the top about 2 inches down spread out across the screen. Attempting to fix them right now. This is what I f'ing hate about lcd's, such a gamble. At least I can return it to TD within 30 days and even if I have to pay shipping, the Bing money should cover it.
Screen looks very good though, will be sad if I do send it back. I can deal with all the other cons of lcds, but physically screwed up parts on my screen is BS.

My 47" LED LCD that is arriving Saturday had better not have even one or I'm going to be really pissed.

Edit: lol, I guess a couple of my Win7 gadgets had what appeared to be stuck pixels, so I only have one in reality. Gadgets had one pink pixel on the side that was the exact same color of my stuck pixel. I was like wtf when I dragged them over to my other display.

Last edited:
okay, I finally fired up the 28" monitor. First off, it did come with an hdmi to dvi converter, however upon use, the monitor only allowed 800X600 or 1080 resolution. I switched over to a vga cable and everything worked fine afterwards and I could see all of the possible resolutions you'd want. Not sure what the deal is with that. No dead or stuck pixels. From a quality point of view, it doesn't quite match up to my older dell 2405. Text is much more crisp with the dell vs this one. It's definitely not bad when looking straight on and for the price it's pretty awesome. Off angle viewing is horrid at best. When sitting on the ground below my computer table and monitor, all of the text becomes blurred and there's definitely a noticeable green hue to the lcd screen. Pretty crazy. Black levels are actually quite good. I always use this forum to see how they behave. Other than that, it's an okay monitor. I may just give it up to my pops and just use the dell but I love the screen size and may give up a bit of quality for size. That's my 2 bits.

Back