I just want to know? Dads and Sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmanley

Limp Gawd
Anyone fine out if the kid that got the XBox360 BOX of coal was filmed or the story of the opening told? ;)

Eight years ago my then 18yr old son (Billy), a senior in high school, had a problem getting up @ 8am to help his dad do a job that he was specificly asked to do on that ONE morning out of very few that he was asked to help. At 9am I went to his room knocked on the door and said "time to get up Son" and back down stairs to wait. At 9:30 still no Billy. So I go to the kitchen and fill up a pitcher of water from the sink. Sure didn't take him long to get going after the shower in bed.
After that If I needed him for a next morning he set his alarm and if he slept thru it, all I had to do is say "Time to get up Son". He'd be ready in a respectable time.

There is a moral to this. Two words I use in this story. They are Respect and Son. Can't have one without the other. :)

Safe holidays to all.

nmanley said:
Respect and Son. Can't have one without the other. :)
actually...

i have respect for ppl, but no son :p

i can't find anything about the outcome of that ad....someone post it if ya got it!

wow, if my dad did that i'd return the favor, preferibly on a monday morning before work. and yeah, this is the wrong forum for this ;)

markt435 said:
Read the first part of his post? :rolleyes:
Thank you sir. It's amazing how many (kids) on here can't remember what they read in the first line of a post.

It is certainly a gaming question, he just attached a nice story to go with it.

If anyone has heard, or has a link to the outcome, please let us know. :)

I'm 24, and when I visit my father (just this christmas actually), he insists on waking me up at 6am no matter how late I got in, or what we did the night before. But I get up out of respect, even though all I really want to do is strangle the man until he passes out so I can get some shut eye on my vacation.

Some kids are either just not raised properly, or just have rebelious personalities. My younger brother is the stark opposite of me - short fused, no respect for anyone, and even less respect for people's stuff. He is a prime candidate for the water/coal treatment.

I played ice hockey for a couple years when I was a kid (grades 5 through 9). My dad has always been a morning person and I've been a night person (on certain vacations from school some nights I would get home at 4:00 am and see him leaving for work). He used to come in at 4am on a saturday because I had practice, turn on my lights, tickle my feet and then steal the blankets :mad:

My dad was the devil at times. I'd come home at 6AM from a party (not drunk or inebriated, just coming home rather...early? Late? You know what I mean :p) and he'd wake me up at 9 or 10. Though I guess he could've woken me up at 8. And sometimes I hated him until I actually got up. I just wanted to sleep.

I think I can count the number of times I slept past 10 in the morning in that house on one hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back