I need a Gaming Mouse!

I use a G500 for everyday mousing and love it.. the shape, weight, and wheel are very nice. I think it's heavy enough without the weight cart, so I use it without one. I've been a huge deathadder fan for a gaming mouse but am going to try a corsair m40 soon.

As soon as I gathered the money I bought a G400s. That was July 2014. :D

It is a tad better than the old MX518, nothing noticeable, just smoother and until now the pointer never jumped which is great.

What I like the most about the G400s is the great DPI range and the on-flight DPI mode switch.

Bad thing is that the available DPI modes are limited. I need just 1-2 more.

For those familiar with the MX518, the G400s is a great choice.
I use the MX518 on another PC and I switch mice like a dozen times each day without any problems.

So, thanks everyone that posted, and if you are someone reading this, who is in the same situation as me, then go and get the G400s. ;)

Market options are different now.

In terms of strictly Logitech options you'd be better off picking between the G502 or G402 unless you absolutely prefer the G400s shell over those two.

Actually judging by when you actually went an made the purchase I believe those two options were newly available then (maybe still filtering into retail channels)?

The G502 in particular has a massive DPI range.

I went with a razer taipan, haven't used it yet but will today or tomorrow. Years ago I had razers and logitechs only and always liked the feel of the razor mice much more but they all would eventually stop working much quicker then the Logitech. Hopefully that's not an issue anymore, it's been 5+ years so that should have gotten fixed by now I'd hope

Last edited:
I recently bought a Roccat Kone XTD to replace my aging Logitech G5. I had purchased a G500 a few years back but hated it because of the hybrid scroll wheel. The XTD exceeded my expectations and it has become my go to mouse for my primary gaming system. It's definately on the pricey side but well worth it.

+ 1

I am enjoying my corsair M40.... but the deathadder is another amazing mouse - my all time favorite. I wanted an all red peripheral color scheme so tried the M40 and at first the shape was a little weird but I have grown to like it a lot. tracking is very smooth and button click is just right. I like the feel and placement of the wheel also.

edit: at the time I wanted to go red the DA chroma was not an option.. but I might go back to that mouse... the m40 is nice though so I am not in a hurry. :)

Just got the Deathadder Chroma. Thoroughly enjoying it, going to take some time to get used to it though.

I tried a Roccat Kone XTD before the M40 and felt too big for my claw-like grip style... I am definitely someone who doesn't like body of the mouse in the palm of my hand all the time.. I like to grip it by the sides mostly..

Last edited:
G400s is no longer avail. but the new G402 is out, the G400s was the next big thing to your MX518, G500 is not the same, and if you play FPS game you need a G400s or G402

For my hands the Razer Deathadder is an excellent mouse.

Good mouse, I just switched mine to a
Zowie FK1 gaming mouse.

The sensor alone whacks the Logitechs and Razors IMHO.

More expensive and lighter, but worth it for precision.

Back