i need a good guide to make a blowhole

Torsten50

n00b
someone here got a link to a guide to make a good blowhole? or maybe have done it the and can give me some good tips,pictures would be nice...

yes i know that way but i need a good way to make it with a dremel...

if there is any way to make it good with a dremel :confused:

Torsten50 said:
yes i know that way but i need a good way to make it with a dremel...

if there is any way to make it good with a dremel :confused:

By the time you're done, you'll wish you had just gone out and bought a hole saw ($5ish) and borrowed a drill (free.) Big annoying task turns into 10 second one.

homersapien said:
By the time you're done, you'll wish you had just gone out and bought a hole saw ($5ish) and borrowed a drill (free.) Big annoying task turns into 10 second one.
actually, a hole saw for a 120mm fan costs around $25+
and it is possible he already has a dremel

Torsten50 said:
yes thats the thing i got a dremel but not a holesaw...

Okay, so you absolutely must use a Dremel. Sooooo...what's the question again? Just tape off a circle (or close to it), cut it out, and then smooth it up with a sanding drum. Here's a tip: borrow a drill from someone and drill around the circle first. Makes it easier to cut with the Dremel.

Well, I bought my hole saw at lowes a couple years ago and it was only 18 with tax.

However I find a dremel is easier and faster.

If your going to make a 120mm size blowhole easiest way I found is to trace a cd-r and then cut it around that way. Problem solved.

How is it easier and faster to cut a 120mm hole with a dremel? You're telling me that you can cut a perfect 120mm hole with your dremel in ~10-15 seconds?

I didnt say that no. It seems to take about 15 minutes to cut a blowhole with my hole saw with a normal drill. A dremel I can do it in 10

you damn pussies, Just look for a diagram of a 120mm hole online or use a 120mmfanguard or even a CD. use pencila dn use a cut-off-wheel and cut along the line, then grind it or sand it down after.

its very easy, this dude just needs confidence.

222 1/3 evil said:
I didnt say that no. It seems to take about 15 minutes to cut a blowhole with my hole saw with a normal drill. A dremel I can do it in 10

Heh, I think someone needs a new drill... :-P

homersapien said:
Okay, so you absolutely must use a Dremel. Sooooo...what's the question again? Just tape off a circle (or close to it), cut it out, and then smooth it up with a sanding drum. Here's a tip: borrow a drill from someone and drill around the circle first. Makes it easier to cut with the Dremel.

okay thx for it ill try it....

actually a dremel would be better unless you have a drill capable of serious power. my 13 volt cordless wasnt up to the task of spinning a 120mm holesaw, so i had to buy a new 19.2v one which tore right through it.

hardwired said:
actually a dremel would be better unless you have a drill capable of serious power. my 13 volt cordless wasnt up to the task of spinning a 120mm holesaw, so i had to buy a new 19.2v one which tore right through it.
Most cordless drills aren't up to any task. Any real drill should be able to handle it. Even better would be a drill press.

I don't understand why everyone thinks that a dremel is an amazing do-everything tool. It isn't. Would you drive a nail with a screwdriver? I suppose you could, but it would be difficult and it would take a very long time. Cutting a large hole with a dremel is not necessarily difficult, but it is very time consuming.

jpmkm said:
Most cordless drills aren't up to any task. Any real drill should be able to handle it. Even better would be a drill press.

I don't understand why everyone thinks that a dremel is an amazing do-everything tool. It isn't. Would you drive a nail with a screwdriver? I suppose you could, but it would be difficult and it would take a very long time. Cutting a large hole with a dremel is not necessarily difficult, but it is very time consuming.

no you are right dremel isnt that amazing but its good and im gonna try to do it with a dremel because time is not an issue for me.. ;)

Back