I need BH-5 Memory

I know that zipzoomfly.com(googlegear.com) has Kingston hyperx pc3200 bh-5 512MB for $155, buts thats way to much to spend on memory. Are there any good overclocking bh-5 modules still out there?? Like corsair's xms.. or mushkin?

now that BH5 is no longer in production, i'd be surprised if you found a price that was much better than that... if you want the best, you have to shell out some cash.

The kingston BH-5 @ zipzoom has went up about 40 bucks in the last 2 months. The dual channel 512Mb pair that is.

So I figure the price will continue to climb.

Great ram though, if you want to run tight timings.

Just received my hyperx 1GB BH-5 mem, great stuff!!!

I bought it from Monarch Computers for only $140 for a stick of 512MB. I am running it at 2-5-2-2 (2.7V) rock solid.

Have you looked at the Kingston HyperX PC3000? It has BH-5 or BH-6 one. I believe its BH-5 because of its extreme overclockability. Its pretty cheap too.

Maybe not, but i think this whole BH-5 craze in this forum become a hot topic with me pushing Mushkin PC3500 BH-5 back last fall. I know there for a while i got alot of rebuke for recommending it in every RAM suggestion thread i posted in and then all of sudden everyone wanted it lol.

I can't see how Mushkin didn't get the award for top memory manufacter for 2003 on most of these hardware sites. All the elite know that Mushkin manufacters the best RAM on the market and their PC3500 lvl 2 was unbeatable by anything in performance and overclockability. I was sorta pissed that everyone voted for Corsair. Corsair is great RAM but it won primarily because of the media and the fact Corsair will give out test samples to any Joe Blow thats writing a review lol.

MMM, creamy BH-5. I'm sure glad I bought my HyperX 3200 this summer, as it's not very often that the price of memory goes up! I'd say FS/T or e-bay is your friend in this situation.

IMO I think that Kingston has the best BH-5 ram b/c its cheaper than muskin and corsair and overclocks equally as well.

Originally posted by DiseasedCow
IMO I think that Kingston has the best BH-5 ram b/c its cheaper than muskin and corsair and overclocks equally as well.

The only Kingston HyperX that i know of that has BH-5 chips now is the PC3000. I been thinking about buying some to try it out myself. Mushkin and Corsair dont have any BH-5 offerings now as far as I am aware. Mushkin is using BH-6 chips on their PC3200 lvl 2. Whatever else is floating around out there is probably just whats left of the few BH-5 chips on the market. I dont think very many have realized that the Kingston HyperX PC3000 uses BH-5 chips. They may not even be BH-5 chips. They could be BH-6. Does anyone know for sure from actually taking off the heatspreaders?

Under the heatspreader of KHX3000, you'll find rebadged kingston chips. They are all either BH-5 or BH-6 though. Either way ...it's good overclocking memory FOR CHEAP, assuming you can push 3v+ volts through it.

My pair under-performs a little. They do 245MHz at 3.3V 2-2-2 timings. Still not bad, but alot of volts for just sub 250Mhz

Originally posted by DiseasedCow
I have the pc3200 and they are BH-5, the a revision is bh-6 or ch-5 I think.

KHX used to = BH-5 2-2-2, but now I dunno what they're putting in their newest chips, KHXa = CH-5, 2-3-2 timings

Just out of curiosity, who makes the BH5 chips and how do I tell if I have them? Is BH5 part of the serial # on the RAM chips?

Originally posted by GreenApe
Just out of curiosity, who makes the BH5 chips and how do I tell if I have them? Is BH5 part of the serial # on the RAM chips?

They are made by Winbond. It will say Winbond BH-5 on the chips if thats what you have. Usually if they have BH-5 chips they will be rated for 2-2-2-6 or 2-2-2-5. BH-6 chips and others on the market will also run 2-2-2 timings so you'll have to do some research to know for sure whether or not your getting BH-5 chips.

Back