i need help with my pc-65

flat4

[H]ard|Gawd
i just got my new psu and i cant figure out how to hide all the wires. i was thinking about drilling an inch hole right next to the psu. and run them all behind the mobo tray.

i had/have them behind the mobo tray also, you have to take it out like an inch and kinda bend it so the wires can barely fit through

not 'bend' as to leave an indent, but make enough room to push the cables through where the trays guide bar is on top, and then close it back

do u have pics of what it looks like. cause i was just looking at the case and i dont think i can do that.

Hey flat4, are you going to mount your HD's backwards for your Dark Angel mod? This would be a better way to hide the wires.

Where did you get your PC-65 and for how much? Newegg is out and I am wanting one (black, just like yours) so that I can start on my Stargate SG-1 Mod.

I just realised you live in Greensboro along with fat_boy. I'm back in W-S since I'm done with college if you ever wanted to get together or anything.

yea im going to do them backwards. i got my case at newegg for 120 shipped i think it was. thanks for the offer sicne i dont know that many people around here. im new to NC. so far i have talked to bad_boy from the forums on aim. if u ever need help just let me know we can prolly work on ur project together :D hit me up on aim or msn if u would like.

get all your lian li cases at excaliberpc.com .... PC65 series for 90$ + 8 for shipping, its unreal , best place, ive ordered 2 from them so far

Dillusion said:
get all your lian li cases at excaliberpc.com .... PC65 series for 90$ + 8 for shipping, its unreal , best place, ive ordered 2 from them so far

Thats what I did too! Can't got wrong, shipped faster then the stuff I ordered from new egg too!

Seems the shipping has gone up to $15 for FedEx saver and $25 for 2 day. Still a good deal though, since Newegg is charging $115 with $15 for saver shipping.

Dillusion said:

Thank you so much. I'm going to order the PC-61 as soon as put my paycheck in the bank today. Looks like all of it will be going toward my case and watercooling supplies.

Is there any difference between the PC-61 and the PC-65(B) besides a window? I can't see one.

Sorry for the typo Bad_Boy.

nope, thats it, only a window, but for the extra 10$, its worth it to have a window

Dillusion said:
nope, thats it, only a window, but for the extra 10$, its worth it to have a window

Thanks, but I plan on cutting my own window for the wormhole portion of an active Stargate for my Stargate Mod theme case. I already have a ton of ideas and am beginning to sketch them out as well as researching WC parts. I'll start the work log in a few weeks once I have everything so keep your eyes on the lookout for it.

Sobek said:
Thanks, but I plan on cutting my own window for the wormhole portion of an active Stargate for my Stargate Mod theme case. I already have a ton of ideas and am beginning to sketch them out as well as researching WC parts. I'll start the work log in a few weeks once I have everything so keep your eyes on the lookout for it.

Make sure you post pics when you finish your case. I'm a huge Stargate fan and I'm very interested in seeing your results!

First of all, make sure to sleeve them; this makes your life so much easier. Then just start tucking! I dremeled out the side of the 5.25 bay and ran wires down the right side of the case. It makes things alot easier to gut the case, never try and hide cables after all your hardware is installed. Take everything out, hide/route every single wire according to where you think you will need it and then install your stuff and continue to hide the remaining junk.

If you use SATA drives make sure to buy long cables and actually route them behind the mb between it and the tray and then up to your drives for an invisible look. Twist ties are also your friend. :D

P1010019.sized.jpg

P1010027.sized.jpg

P1010031.sized.jpg

P1010035.sized.jpg

If you look closely you can see a black velcro strip on the side which is hidden when the windowed side panel is on. There is also a little hole next to the velcro strip, I stick my cold cathode inverter on the velcro strip and run the small power wire through the hole and behind the chassy and out of view to an available molex connector.

you kept the plastic thingie sshits on the side of the case, on the inside thwhere its supposed to be 'sharp', i took those off today right after the fedex man left when i got my pc65b, im too messe dup right now to switch cases tho, ill do it when my 6800 gets here

PS- i love UV WC'd cases, mad props to yu

wtburnette said:
Make sure you post pics when you finish your case. I'm a huge Stargate fan and I'm very interested in seeing your results!

Why wait till he's done with it........post a work log so we can see the progress from start to finish.

Chrisman5000 got any more pics of your rig? It's sweet. I'm getting a 65 next week and am probably going to water cool.

Pagan Wizard said:
Why wait till he's done with it........post a work log so we can see the progress from start to finish.

I said I would post a worklog! Reread my post.

wtburnette, I too am a huge fan (favorite show) and that is why I am doing the mod.

Chrissman5000, that looks sweet!

Chrisman5000 said:
First of all, make sure to sleeve them; this makes your life so much easier. Then just start tucking! I dremeled out the side of the 5.25 bay and ran wires down the right side of the case. It makes things alot easier to gut the case, never try and hide cables after all your hardware is installed. Take everything out, hide/route every single wire according to where you think you will need it and then install your stuff and continue to hide the remaining junk.

If you use SATA drives make sure to buy long cables and actually route them behind the mb between it and the tray and then up to your drives for an invisible look. Twist ties are also your friend. :D

P1010019.sized.jpg

P1010027.sized.jpg

P1010031.sized.jpg

P1010035.sized.jpg

If you look closely you can see a black velcro strip on the side which is hidden when the windowed side panel is on. There is also a little hole next to the velcro strip, I stick my cold cathode inverter on the velcro strip and run the small power wire through the hole and behind the chassy and out of view to an available molex connector.

damn thats looks good. thats what i ended up doing a few days ago. im trying to figure out where to put my switch fo rmy CCFL's.

Back