I Need Help!!!

Troney1169

Limp Gawd
Okay i got this problem. I'm not good at network is the big problem but this is what i'm having trouble with.

net.jpg

On one side of a brick wall we have a Dlink DI-524 with the dsl modem connected to the wan port and a network connected to it sharing the inet.

on the other side we have another Dlink DI-524 with another network connected to it.

Is there a way to get the 2nd router to get the net from the first router but not have the networks see each other?

Cant he just use a network bridge where router 2 is ? Assuming it can pick up th esignal thru the brick wall? But as far as them not seieng each other i think you would need to set up a VLAN or something.

Thanks for the replies and I hope that more come. If it can't be done the way mentioned above can it be done by replace the 2nd router with a wireless nic and share the net to the 2nd network and just turn off file and print sharing between the two and turn off the ssid so it wont be broadcasted?

Like the guy said above, you COULD buy a d-link dwl-g810, and use that as a 'wireless wire'

It will work that way, if you want to spend that much.....

Or, are your routers DD-WRT compatable? If so flash them and set up the second one in bridge mode. If not buy a network bridge or router that is DD-WRT compatable.

Or, are your routers DD-WRT compatable? If so flash them and set up the second one in bridge mode. If not buy a network bridge or router that is DD-WRT compatable.

It is a d-link man, there is no 'magical flashing' to be done.... a wireless bridge is really his only course of action with his current setup.

Well thanks for the help guys. But i just went with the wireless card and shared the connection for the 2nd network. Working great. Thanks again for the help.

Back