I need PSU cables

LockeOak

Weaksauce
I guess I lost some of my old cables, I'm short one PCI-E cable and at least one molex cable for adding a second 460. PSU is a ModXStream 700W. What's the best way of acquiring new ones? OCZ was not helpful and won't sell/provide new ones. The last time I used cables from another PSU (accidentally) I fried a video card due to a different pin layout. Ideas?

If you aren't able to procure some more cables from OCZ, your options would be to either make your own cable or to take a cable from another PSU and modify it to fit the pinout of your OCZ unit.

Well, that sounds like a project with the fun possibility of sparks and fire, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

As long as you're careful and make sure the pinout is correct, there shouldn't be any problems. There are only two different kinds of wires in a PCI-E cable, so it's fairly simple.

Any ideas on how to pull the individual wires out of the socket? They're very well secured. The pin layout on the OCZ (correct) molex cables (I have molex to PCI-E converters):

x o o
x o o

And the Antec cables I'm cannibalizing:

x o o
o o x

Maybe I'm just a weak girly man, but these things are pretty solid.

Thanks, that staple trick looks useful. I didn't know if they were barbed, wedged really well or glued.

Back