I need some help, Foxconn Renaissance Bios

Hello folks,

I decided to take the plunge last week and ordered a new x58 system including the Foxconn Renaissance board. The problem is, something is wrong with this systems bios and I can't get much of any help from Foxconn themselves (I've been corresponding with a tech there whose last response was "wait for new bios".

Here's the problem, Intel Speed Step and the PCI-EX controls are totally missing from the Bios and I've had several cold boot issues/flakey stability. There's only one bios listed on the Foxconn downloads page and it says its the same version as what I have though different dates. I've tried to flash that bios, it does go thru the process but the options are still missing.

I even went so far as to try to register on Extremesystems and talk to Saaya (Foxconn Rep) but I've yet to receive the registration email confirmation.

I'm at a loss, anyone have any suggestions? At this point I'm ready to fling the board across the room...

--MF

Edit: Disregard, I've found what appears to be bent pins in the socket and that's enough of a reason to RMA the board for me. Thanks for the replies.

ouch, that sucks..One reason i like to wait for others to take the plunge before i buy.

Wish i listen to myself (bought a Blackberry storm) buggy as hell.

As an early adapter, ur basically fkd by foxconn and stuck waiting for a fix. There is nothing anyone can do here.

Back