I need some help..

CmaN3

Limp Gawd
Right now I am having an insane amount of problems with my computer. Problem A: Whenever I dl something,( at least in .zip form) There is nothing there. Nothing in the folder. It then says file is corrupt or deleated. I have downloaded over 6 things, and the same thing everytime.

Problem B: Well... This has 2 parts. First part: My game gunbound wont work. Whenever I try to open it, It just restarts my computer. And I have tried to re dl it, ( before problem A) and still nothign. I have also tried re installing it. It worked before.
Part 2: Solday wont work. It opens up, goes to the screen, then just quites... I have reinstalled it, but right now I cant dl it... Please help :(

CmaN3 said:
Right now I am having an insane amount of problems with my computer. Problem A: Whenever I dl something,( at least in .zip form) There is nothing there. Nothing in the folder. It then says file is corrupt or deleated. I have downloaded over 6 things, and the same thing everytime.
What internet connection are you using? Where are you downloading these from? Are you you using different sites? When did this start to happen? What OS are you running?

Woopsies, stupid me :rolleyes: .

Internet Connection: Verizon DSL, dl speed: about 120kbps
Dling from: Different sites, a couple from fileplanet
This started about a week ago, I cant really be sure, I just noticed it then when I dled something. And I scan my comptuer everynight for viruses with AVG.

Im running XP.

Scan for spyware (using spybot search and destroy and/or Lavasoft's Adaware).

Try and get another winzip type opener and use that.

If those don't work, then I don't know what's wrong.

About the first problem, I had the same thing, just save as target and put it on your desktop or anywhere, and open it from there. Mine works like that now, dunno why though.

Adri: I havent scanned in a while, probably should. I got both. Im gonna try that tonight.

Jago: Ill try that. Maybe it will work.

Thanks for the help guys :D .

I tried both of those..... But neither worked. And right now I have another problem. I have absolutely NO sound. I have tried pluggin my head phones into every jack i could find that had ANYTHING to do with sound. I can tell if it is my headphones or my sound card. The sound card is an intel 8210 series integrated, and the head phones are Optimus Nova 79.

Same types of things happened to me. Turned out my Corsair DIMMS went bad! Corsair was great about replacing them, but pulled some hair out before I tracked it down.

Recommend using MemTest86 and checking out your RAM. Let us know.

Where can i get this Memtest 86? My ram should be ok.... It is kingston..... Only been using it for about 3 months.. Had it in the computer for over a year but my comptuer can only read one stick.. Finally figured out to take my old stick out :p .

Omg..... Im so stupid...... Thank you very much.

EDIT: I dont think the memtest worked...... Instructions confused me :( . I am about 90% sure it is fixed though. I dled memtest, it worked, I dled soldat, i installed it. Im not sure if it will work yet.... I hope so. Thanks for the help guys. ALl I did was tweak some stuff.

Back