I Need Your Old Computer Hardware!

I think I have some ram. New / Used DDR3 I can send ya. I will find out this weekend.

I have at least 3 Intel D915 boards with Intel 805D chips, stock heatsinks and 512MB RAM sticks for all 3 boards if that is worth sending your way. They just went in a large box to be trashed last weekend.

I got a Dell T110 server with 1TB and 16GB of memory in it if you think they'd have a use for it.

Its ready to run, no OS on the drive and no license for one.

The only downside is the thing weighs so damn much it'll probably cost a fortune to ship :p

I'm sending Steve a DL360 G6, so I don't think he'll have any problems with another server. Don't forget to write the system and shipping off on your taxes. Also, send it UPS Freight. It's slower, but more cost effective.

Steve, is there a specific name we can use on our taxes to write it all off?

The only downside is the thing weighs so damn much it'll probably cost a fortune to ship :p

ANything helps BUT not if it is going to cost you an arm and a leg to ship.

I'm sending Steve a DL360 G6, so I don't think he'll have any problems with another server. Don't forget to write the system and shipping off on your taxes. Also, send it UPS Freight. It's slower, but more cost effective.

I'm not sure how that works. We are not a non-profit, this is just something we do from time to time to help our fellow man.

Wow, that's some pretty awesome hardware. I'd love to have a DL360 G6.

Are you there during normal business hours at that location Steve? I can get a few things together and drop it by. I dont live far (PO is further away).

Oh, and what about LCD's? Need those? I have a 23" LG 6bit IPS laying around that I never use anymore that I could donate.

Are you there during normal business hours at that location Steve? I can get a few things together and drop it by. I dont live far (PO is further away).

That is a UPS Store location (Postal service won't take packages from UPS and FedEx and certain other packages)

Oh, and what about LCD's? Need those? I have a 23" LG 6bit IPS laying around that I never use anymore that I could donate.

Everything helps and is much appreciated.

You should contact local recycle centers. The one I work at (Earthworks, Spokane Wa.) gets probably 2-12 PCs a day (and the random server). We rarely get anything older than P4s and a decent amount of C2Ds and a few C2Qs. It would probably be the same in Vegas. We charge $7 for them, but I think most places would be willing to work a deal considering what you are doing with them.

So far I have 87 lbs of stuff in a box for you, shipping is going to suck. :(

4x 20+4 ATX PSU's, dual 1ghz PIII with mb/ram, 3.0 P4 with mb/ram, bunch of IDE/SCSI HDD's, controllers, vid cards and other misc stuff.

You should offer free GenMay subs to anyone that donates! :cool:

Anyways, going to see if I can round some stuff up to send off. Do you need mice/keyboards/cables etc as well?

I have about 20 cd rom/dvdrom/dvd writers that I have been wondering what to do with, not sure if those would be of use, also have a ton of useless firewire cables, serial cables, parallel cables, some sdram, tons of other stuff. It literally occupies an entire room of my house.

Sent a PM Steve but no response. Where can I drop items off at?

Package en route. Asus mobo with e4400(I think) and 2 sticks of ram.

I'll be sending a bunch of stuff your way on Saturday. I hope you can use it all.

Oh, forgot to ask in the above post, do you have a need for or want laptops?

i'll ask my manager at work if this is something we could do. we have tons of old crap laying around

Steve,

Do you have a "need" list???
I've got an old 939 X2, 5 sticks of Corsair DDR-1 (400 MHz) RAM, and a GeForce 6800GT AGP video card with SilenX cooler that I can send. It was all stuff that was 'the shit' back in the day, but now it seems like just plain shit.

On the other hand, if you have a real need - I'd rather just buy it and have it shipped to you.

Let me know because I'd love to help. Feels like the Hypothermia days all over again!!!!!

Steve, I was finally able to ship my stuff yesterday. You should be getting it within 3 days or so. Fedex ground was surprisingly cheap.

Steve,

Would you take any networking equipment? I think I got a 16 port 10/100 switch I don't need anymore.

I got some other stuff I can send you way as well, (C2D Laptop, ram, etc.). Just got to see what I got and get it boxed up.

Anyone have any tips for shipping? I have a lot, not sure of the condition (some may not be working), but it's all yours if you want it.

Steve, I was finally able to ship my stuff yesterday. You should be getting it within 3 days or so. Fedex ground was surprisingly cheap.

Thank you sir!

Steve,

Would you take any networking equipment? I think I got a 16 port 10/100 switch I don't need anymore.

I got some other stuff I can send you way as well, (C2D Laptop, ram, etc.). Just got to see what I got and get it boxed up.

Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated!

Anyone have any tips for shipping? I have a lot, not sure of the condition (some may not be working), but it's all yours if you want it.

FedEx and UPS ground are relatively inexpensive but, if you do ship USPS, just pack it the best you can.

Steve,

Do you have a "need" list??? Let me know because I'd love to help. Feels like the Hypothermia days all over again!!!!!

Once everything comes in and gets put into groups, I'll know what I need. Right now I am looking high and low for a couple socket 1156 processors.

All of us are scrounging up our old hardware here as well, this project should be epic!

For those of you that sent stuff, I will be posting a "Thank you" to everyone that helped out. If you don't want me using your name, I can use your forum name or first name and last initial or you can just remain anonymous if you like.

(This message is for those of you that donated stuff but DIDN'T e-mail me. I'll be e-mailing everyone else directly. :))

For those of you that sent stuff, I will be posting a "Thank you" to everyone that helped out. If you don't want me using your name, I can use your forum name or first name and last initial or you can just remain anonymous if you like.

(This message is for those of you that donated stuff but DIDN'T e-mail me. I'll be e-mailing everyone else directly. :))

It would be cool to get an over view of what was sent in. It would be interesting to see what everyone viewed as "old".

It would be cool to get an over view of what was sent in. It would be interesting to see what everyone viewed as "old".

I am actually doing a write up on the whole thing with pictures, etc. etc. and a way to publicly acknowledge everyone that supported the cause. I know you guys didn't do it for praise but a little "thank you" is well deserved. :cool:

We have almost 20 systems put together so far! I am scrounging up a few things still (a socket 1155 CPU, some DDR 3 and a few large hard drives) but overall, this has turned out amazingly well. :D

Here's a picture of some of the systems as they were being put together:

1394460019sfxoX2FApO_1_1.jpg

Steve,are you still accepting old equipment? I have a computer I just retired and would be happy to send it on rather than recycle it.

Back