I noticed you can't find the 6800nu anymore...

MrSatan

Limp Gawd
Guess nvidia finally realized the blunder they made with the 6800nu. Its too bad you can't find it anymore. I was gonna pick one up because my 5900 died and I need an in-term card until the pci-e 6800 gt comes out. Now im forced to buy a 6600 gt. Well I guess its better for nvidia since they were losing money. By the way if anyone knows where I can still pick up a 6800nu I would be very happy to know.

The hell you talking about?

6800nus aren't out of stock *anywhere*? ZZF still has them, Newegg still has them, Outpost still has them, buy.com still has them.

Where you shopping?

where are you getting this from? the 6800 can be found all over the place...in fact at chumbo.com you can get one for 260 if you send in your old card for the trade up program

I was looking for different nus and the bfg is the only one out there it seems.

MrSatan said:
I was looking for different nus and the bfg is the only one out there it seems.

newegg has alot of models but most or all of them are out of stock now. the gigabyte version is paticularly appealing to me because it has a passive cooler....but i dont allow nvidia in my computer ;)

firey-eyez said:
newegg has alot of models but most or all of them are out of stock now. the gigabyte version is paticularly appealing to me because it has a passive cooler....but i dont allow nvidia in my computer ;)
Yea, I guess I was lucky to get my BFG when I did, the next day it was out of stock.

Passive cooling is very nice if you don't want to OC it or try and open up extra pipes, but just don't expect to be able to OC the living hell out of it like some people have been on 6800s.

Eventually they'll get phased out for the 6600 GTs which offer comparable performance I'd guess (and are cheaper for NVidia to manufacture I believe)... They're still available for sure though. I got a BFG 6800 OC a week ago.

I'm really interested in how well does an OC'd/unlocked 6800nu does compared to an OC'd 6600GT, the 6600s tend to OC much higher from what I've seen (faster rated memory and faster stock core clock) but have less pipes.

I don't really like bfg that much, but if someone else knows where I can get my hands on a non-bfg 6800nu I would be much abligued.

Impulse said:
I'm really interested in how well does an OC'd/unlocked 6800nu does compared to an OC'd 6600GT, the 6600s tend to OC much higher from what I've seen (faster rated memory and faster stock core clock) but have less pipes.
I am also interested in seeing that, because even though the 6600gt has lower stats its been putting out some pretty impressive numbers.

Remember that what this generation really has over the rein of ATI's 9800s were the pixel pipelines. Doubling the pipelines (on the 6800 GT, ultra, and Ultra extreme) I think is where they are really getting most of thier performance from.

I am just watching the performance for the money for right now because I am selling my 5900 and getting something the next month or so. After that I am gonna get a pci-express 6800 gt hopefully.

Back