I think my monitor or video card is biting the dust...not sure which...

Streyeder

Cornflake Pisser
I have a Gainward TI 4200 64MB video card and a ViewSonic G90f 19in monitor. Lately I have noticed the following quirks:

1. My IE windows will freeze randomly (only IE, I can still do anything else on my comp), then around 3-4 seconds later my screen flashes blank and returns, and IE it back to normal.

2. Randomly, and not frequently, my screen will go to a blue tint, the blue tint will 'scramble' around the screen, go to all tinted, then return to normal. Normally lasts 10-20 seconds.

Any suggestions?

It's becomming more frequent, any help guys? Should I take this to the video card forum? Is it my monitor?

Could be neither.

Freezing usually us associated with overheating problems. Check you fans, case & CPU temps first. If there ok then I'd swap out the vid card next, lastlu the monitor.

I'm going to say it sounds like it's a heat problem too. Your monitor won't magically and selectively freeze a single application. It will either stop working or it wont. Monitors can display funny colors when they're dying, and in this case you'd be having two separate problems because the IE freezing is definitely not your monitor.

I'd check your case temperature, and if need be add more fans. Hell just take the side or cover off the case for a day and see if the computer behaves better.

Hrmm... Side is off case. Looks like I'm having a fan problem on my northbridge. Ahh well, I'll be getting a new mobo in a few weeks anyway. No need to hunt down a proprietary fan.

Screen tinting may be related to a crimped cable. I had that problem a while back, replaced the cable and whola, wasn't blue anymore.

Back