I want to install Linux and Vista Beta 2, dual boot

boneca

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I'm wondeirng what should go first? Vista install or Linux install. Should I partition the hard drive first. Is there gonna be problems down the line?

Thanks all in advance.

It will be easier if you install Vista first.

Do you really need to test dual boot? If not use an old HDD for testing that way you don't screw up your linux load with a *beta* OS.

If so then i'd agree with:
pxc said:
It will be easier if you install Vista first.

Thanks guys, no this gonna be new "old/clean" PC where I'm planning to keep both for testing.

Thanks guys again. Here is what I found on Linux web site:

Can I keep Windows?
Certainly. As long as you've installed Windows first, Linux can be installed into free space on the hard drive. Then the machine can be booted either with Windows or with Linux, depending on your needs at that moment. This method is called dual booting. This is possible through the use of bootloaders that come with most Linux distributions. The most popular bootloaders are Lilo and Grub. The only difficulty involved here is that you normally need to re-partition your hard disk. This can be achieved fairly easily with repartitioning tools. If you're coming from the Windows world, the most popular of these is Partition Magic.

Back