I want to Ocmy8600GTS cant use ntune inX64

Ok i used to use Coolbits with my7950 512mb Ko in X64 XP pro...I now want to overclock my 8600GTS just to see what else it can do! But you cant use Coolbits anymore with the 8600series and ntune seems not to work good with Overclocked MSI motherboard.ANY OTHER OPTIONS I COULD TRY? Thanks for reading

8600GTS over a 7950? :confused:

Sorry to hear that. Anyway, I believe ATI tool works

8600GTS over a 7950? :confused:

Sorry to hear that. Anyway, I believe ATI tool works

I think the 8600 is faster. Just look at the OPs sig he seems to think so and who would know better than someone who actually owned both to compare?

If ATItool dont work try rivatuner it may do the trick.

Hey thanks for info . By the way i ran a 7950 512mb KO DX9c feburary most recent nvidia 93.71driver no BSODs for 7950 and the beta 158.19 for the GTS DX9/10 driver on the system which is in my sig:mad: in everygame i own and some i borrowed from friends @1024x768@75hz and 1280x1024@60hz and the 8600GTS won every time. full Eye Candy and Fps were same as or even better most of the time than the 7950,plus the 7950 struggled to play 64bit FarCry Set at max settings and failed to play TombRaiderlegends x64bit at the same res with New Generation Content turned on .But bench marks dont tell you that do they... So before people bash a card that is more than capable maybe they should buy one and see for themselves...Ive tested 7900 7950 8600GT and Now 8600GTS in real life gaming .Bench marks will not do that for you. People that own or are testing these cards will see for them selves what i am talkning about. I may be a noobie here but i have thousands of hours of Game play behind me and have tested every Bling of Nvidia since FX5200! Hope i wasnt too harsh:cool:

i like too share my results ,I also help fellow gamers and Clan mates tune thier systems,I usually get a thank you ,Not a bashing lol

Hey I dont have it so you should know better.

However in most of the reviews online, it barely can keep up with 7900GS/GT in some games, and ties/slightly goes ahead in others.

So far i installed Rivatuner and it will only give me my Video screen options no GPU Clock Setting ? Ive used Riva before and have unlocked pipes in older cards but cant remeber if i left out a step to open Cpu clocking. I dont see the option of where it lets you use low level driver unless this card is just not supported?i know im forgetting a step ! As for the Ati tool do i use the newest one dated 2006? Thanks for help

Yes ive read that in the forums too about games and the Fps's ..In real life it pars far better :D Ive tested AA2.8 FarCryx64bit tombraiderx64Bit and CSS32bit No Bf2 yet or Ut4 .For a single person shotter AA is very Gpu Hungry and i used 7900 for months played good used 7950 for 3weeks played a little better , then installed8600GTS the picture improved to where i was amazed .Shawdows were more life like and even ground textures all while my Fps were as high and even higher in heavy gun fights .i mean the shader differance is very noticable!..I wish i had screenstots of the 7950 before i sent it back there was a noticable differance in picture Qaulity:D The 8600GTS just made Things real crisp so i kept it...Keep in mind this card runs best below 1280x1024thats what it is made for 17-20"monitors and i run a 20.1widescreen...For most people that use higher settings this card is lil limeted but will still keep up thats where the 7950 comes in but i didnt see that problem. Trust me i wouldnt believe it if i had not Picked up a 8600GTS.

Back