I want to water cool

Fharakin

Gawd
But have no idea how to start. I have googled a bunch of stuff but everything is pretty useless.
I have a AMD system. I am not trying to over clock, I am just plan tired of fan noise.

I currently have my pc in my entertainment system and it's just annoying, more annoying than my 360.

My question is, whats the best (read least expensive) way to achieve silence? If there are threads on here about it, I can't seem to get a good answer since everyone is trying to [H] OC there system.

Basically, a large radiator and low speed fans. A 2 x 120mm rad should do the trick since you are not interested in OCing. Go with sleeve bearing med speed (1500ish rpm) and use a fan speed controller (a couple of FanMate II's would be about $10) to run the fans as slowly a possible would be one idea. Moving your thread to the Wc sub section.

if you are just looking to water cool the proc, and as long as it is not a high heat producing one, low end you could get yourself a 1.120 rad and a petra's tech shop yate loons to push air for it. For head room, step it up to a 2.120 rad as stated by billparrish. After that, find a miro rez, or do a T line. Beyond that it is just a matter of finding a pump that would fit your means. I normally recommend a D5, but for what you are wanting to push you really dont need that much power. The final piece would be the water block, i would say get a D-tek fusion and if you have a quad core get the quad nozzle for it. As you add stuff the beefier the system will have to be, A full set of specs and what all you want to put on water would help us give you a really clear picture of what you need.

It only makes sense to watercool for silence if you're doing more than just the CPU or don't have room for a large heatsink. If you can fit a TRUE in the case you're using it will cool well with a pair of undervolted yate-loons and be quiet.

I have a AMD 5000+, with 4gb ram, Geforce 9600gt 512mb, 2 seagate 500gb sata hdd, dvd-rw drive.

It's in a mid tower case, so I can fit a decent heat sink on it, I am just tired of the noise. The hdd's run pretty hot. Running Rivatuner my idle cpu temp is 55c. Just using the stock set up now which is , shall we say, stock.

Ideally want it cooler with out a lot of noise, I live in AZ and ambient room temp is around 81f (trying to save the environment! ---read electric bill--)

edit: Oh and thanks for the help!

But have no idea how to start. I have googled a bunch of stuff but everything is pretty useless.
I have a AMD system. I am not trying to over clock, I am just plan tired of fan noise.

I currently have my pc in my entertainment system and it's just annoying, more annoying than my 360.

My question is, whats the best (read least expensive) way to achieve silence? If there are threads on here about it, I can't seem to get a good answer since everyone is trying to [H] OC there system.
If silence is your only goal and your not overclocking, there are low speed/high CFM fans available that would do it for you.

Even a watercooling setup will need fans, there is no way around that .
My advice would be to just get some quality fans and call it a day.

Buy some nice Noctua fans and you will love the silence and will not have to WC.

If you still don't like the sound of which there will be none :) you can then use the fans to put on your Radiator and still move on with the WC system.

Interesting I knew there was low noise fans, but I always thought the phrase was an oxymoron. I will chekc out the low noise fans and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the help.

I have a AMD 5000+, with 4gb ram, Geforce 9600gt 512mb, 2 seagate 500gb sata hdd, dvd-rw drive.

It's in a mid tower case, so I can fit a decent heat sink on it, I am just tired of the noise. The hdd's run pretty hot. Running Rivatuner my idle cpu temp is 55c. Just using the stock set up now which is , shall we say, stock.

Ideally want it cooler with out a lot of noise, I live in AZ and ambient room temp is around 81f (trying to save the environment! ---read electric bill--)

edit: Oh and thanks for the help!
are you sue about those cpu temps? I had an HP comp with a 5000 X2 and according to Core Temp it idled in upper 20s to low 30s and would barley hit 50 under load and thats in a VERY hot room and crappy case.

Interesting I knew there was low noise fans, but I always thought the phrase was an oxymoron. I will chekc out the low noise fans and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the help.
look for reviews on noctua fans, they are so silent! i was pretty amazed at how much airflow they xcan push while being silent, i just ordered 3 from xoxide, they have em on sale for 16.99 right now.

Back