I will be getting the R600, anybody else?

Serge84

Gawd
Well I'm going from a X1800XT to a R600... so what are the model numbers? I'd think the 1st will be the X2800XT or something like that.

For what reason are you not even considering the 8800 series, if I may be so bold?

I would like it if they did something totally different with the model numbers because x2800xt just sounds stupid to me.

Anyways my xtx is handling my gaming just fine although I will be interesting to see how it performs :)

For what reason are you not even considering the 8800 series, if I may be so bold?

I have considered that as well. (Why do you think I have not?) See how price and performance go will be the one I pick ultimately.

I will be jumping R600 bandwagon IF it runs cooler than G80 and has better drivers. Thinking of mid-range solution this time, something tells me that R600 aint gonna sell cheap :)

Funny how about a year ago Nvidia owners backed up their 7xxx card defences with just those two things (heat & drivers). Gotta love how hardware industry evolves :D <- Before anybody nitpicks, assuming that ATI does deliver, which nobody knows yet.

Not me.

8800GTS will hold me over for a few years at my limited 1680x1050 resolution.

I am waiting to see who has the better card in DX10 tests and what cards do with the next gen games that are on the horizon(crysis, hellgate london, etc)

Right now theres nothing (gamewise) thats about to drop that my current card can't run reasonably well (that I am interesting in playing anyway) so I am comfortable waiting till R600 or the Nvidia summer refresh comes out before I make a choice on what card to get.

I would like to go ATI this time if all things where equal. Nvidia has gotten tons of my money over the years even on dogs of video cards. I sorta feel like spreading the love around a little bit this round.

That being said, I am going with the better card. Luckily I am in a position to wait for a bit and see what the fallout is going to be.

I won't made decisions either way before I see a real review. Besides I don't have the money. :(

I would like it if they did something totally different with the model numbers because x2800xt just sounds stupid to me.

Anyways my xtx is handling my gaming just fine although I will be interesting to see how it performs :)

I agree, they should change the model numbering system...

ATI's first DX9 card was a 9700 PRO... they should do that again...

2700 Pro.... now doesn't that sound sexy? :p

One has to wonder what names Nvidia will go with if/when they release a "G90" GPU...

And will it be named 9800? I wonder what AMD/ATI would have to say about that....

I agree, they should change the model numbering system...

ATI's first DX9 card was a 9700 PRO... they should do that again...

2700 Pro.... now doesn't that sound sexy? :p

ATI's naming scheme is dumber than a sack of hammers. Although there never was a 2700 card, they've already gone through the four digit numbers so starting back at 2XXX would confuse the typical consumer.

another letter besides "X" in front would make more sense eg. A2800XTX sounds better than X2800XTX.

I'm hearing it might be coming out as late as March. Although I'm not sure if The Inquirer is a reliable predictor of such things, I'd have to consider R600 somewhat delayed if it doesn't ship on time with Vista's official release at the end of the month.

While my current card is no slouch I'm probably going to buy this. I'm pretty interested in the one gigabyte of video ram which'll be on those R600's, that'll be a pretty nice upgrade from the 256 megabytes I have currently. I wish I knew more about how it performed, even a hint, but if it is at least as fast as the 8800, I'm sold on it.

I'm not thinking about the upgrading until I see real benchies of real DX10 games, at least Crysis. I'm guessing here, but I think by the time Crysis shows up we will have refreshes of both cards, but I like ATI and I will turn their way this time around, me thinks.

Not building my new rig until the new Benq 24'' WZ model (with the 1:1 scaling /mapping fix) is out in the UK, so hopefully R600 will be our by then. Running a pair of X1900s until then, still plenty (I'm playing through Lego Star Wars II right now)

I was going to hold out for the ATI card but I need more performance NOW. I just ordered an XFX 8800GTX to hold me over until the reviews are in for the R600 part.

since im gonna wait for the core2 price drops, ill wait and see whoever has the better card by march and get myself a nice system for myself as a birthday present. alls i need are cpu/mobo and graphics card ehh whats that about 600-700 bucks?

Back