I won an nvidia contest!!!

certainly was the best one of teh finalist for sure.

amazing artwork too. nice job.

Congratz ! I am very jealous. I really liked your entry too, easily the winner.

sarbz said:
they're shipping today :D
i need to learn how to do it as nice as you, maybe I will win 2 x1800xt with crossfire mobo, 4gb of ram and a fx57 cpu :)

Congrats on the new toys. And that was a cool picture nice job.

Definitely the best out of the finalists by a long shot. Nice job :).

Conrats,

All the more amuzing that it was rendered using a ATi x850 rig :D

Very impressive, it took me a minute before I realized what I was looking at. I thought it was a case mod to challenge crimsonsky's :p

Way to go, I'm jealous. Yours was definately the best by far. Keep up the good work!

[insert generic compliement]

-jenkins

So how much time did you spend on this project? Congrats, BTW.

acra2 said:
Conrats,

All the more amuzing that it was rendered using a ATi x850 rig :D
It should say on the buttom: "Made on ATIx850, tried with 6800gt but image looked like shit"
NO FLAMING!!!

air2k5 said:
It should say on the buttom: "Made on ATIx850, tried with 6800gt but image looked like shit"
NO FLAMING!!!

Actually, it was made on a 6800nu. That's what I had at the time. The 6800nu, while performing worse than the x850 in games, performed better in cinema 4d. go figure. I'm assuming due to the better opengl performance?

qdemn7 said:
So how much time did you spend on this project? Congrats, BTW.

lets just say that if it were a freelance job, I would have been able to purchase the prizes several times over :D

But it was a learning project for me. I was fairly new to cinema when I made it, and I learned many things along the way.

sarbz said:
I'm assuming due to the better opengl performance?

both hardware and drivers of course ;)
ATi hasnt been much of a force in workstations for quite awhile
nVidia has led the market and retained it
as opposed to the trading back and forth you see in gaming

its still ap specific of couse and weighted against your budget

I dont know what other accolade to express...artisticly and quality wise nobody stood a chance.

Welcome to the "I won a card from Nvidia club!"

chrisf6969 said:
They should ship you two 7800's. (any flavor) GT, GTX or GTX 512 (Ultra) - :rolleyes:
he could sell and get a pair of 7800's

Ultras still fetch quite a price, more than a GT CO, im pretty sure. those are only $319 now

Congradulations! That's a awesome artpiece you put together...a piece that is now my destop wallpaper :D

Back