i5 2500k overclock and cooling question

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
So i have three questions.

1. Whats a safe max temperature for the i5 2500k? Ive been out of the loop for a bit and it seems to be idling around 40, goes up to 60 ish while playing css..

2. Are LGA 775 coolers compatible with socket 1155?

3. My overclock doesnt seem to be showing up in windows.. i set it to 3.8 ghz in the bios and core temp is showing the stock 3.3, CPUZ is showing 1.6ghz, so im confused, i know i turned off EIST etc in the bios..

1. Pretty sure you're safe into the 70s and maybe 80s.
2. Nope.
3. Seems odd. Are you using the latest version of CPUZ?

Ok, thanks, i was hoping i could re use my scythe ninja for like the 4th time but it seems its finally time to look for a new cooler. and yeah i am, i reinstalled it and it seems to be working fine

#2. Not true. The h50 cooler can be used on both 775 and 1155 sockets

#2. Not true. The h50 cooler can be used on both 775 and 1155 sockets

Well, I wouldn't call the H50 a socket 775 cooler - it's universal. To clear it up, sockets 775 and 1155 use different mounting holes/brackets. Of course, some coolers have multiple brackets or conversion kits that allow use with various socket types.

#2 is also not true for most (all?) of the Asrock boards. They feature backwards compatibility with lga775 heatsinks, though some pushpin style brackets still interfere with the cpu socket.

Back