i5 450M

TeeJay

Gawd
Hi guys my friend has an HP laptop that has an i5 450M...

The problem is that the CPU keeps dropping it's frequency and when it does that it's fine but it laggs Java apps for him...

Any way to stop the CPU from dropping frequency?

Thanks

Hi guys my friend has an HP laptop that has an i5 450M...

The problem is that the CPU keeps dropping it's frequency and when it does that it's fine but it laggs Java apps for him...

Any way to stop the CPU from dropping frequency?

Thanks

That's a power saving feature, from what I know there is no way to stop it unless the laptops BIOS is unlocked (even then its 50/50).

That's a power saving feature, from what I know there is no way to stop it unless the laptops BIOS is unlocked (even then its 50/50).

Thanks for replying

I know it's a power saving mode...But it laggs Java\Flash apps horribly...I need to stop that thing :O

put windows 7 into high performance mode....should lock the CPU at full speed......i know on my 1521(old now) i have to go into the bios to disable powersavings, botched something somewhere in a mod, anyhow, that should do it.....or if you edit the power settings for balanced, you can do it in the advanced area(or should be able to)

I assume windows 7, same thing for Vista, dont know how to edit it as in depth in XP

Is it turbo boost turning off? Turbo boost only runs with single threaded applications, so the clock speed will drop from 2.66 to 2.4GHz if the CPU becomes stressed.

go to power option and set min/max of your cpu speeds, if you like it to run 100% all the time set the min freq at 100%

Back