i5-4670K + Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H - $379 + shipping

Awesome deal but the reviews for that board scare me.

I went ahead and got this. Pretty awesome price. The breakdown is $199 for the cpu and $180 for the mobo.

I went ahead and got this. Pretty awesome price. The breakdown is $199 for the cpu and $180 for the mobo.

Hope it works out for you. The UD4H is almost as good as that MB.
I will keep a look out for your experience with the UD5H.

Overall a very nice deal. Nice score.

Mine is being delivered tomorrow. Hopefully I will find time to put this together over the weekend.

I wonder if the F7 Bios that is out for this board fixes these issues?

Edit: I guess they are all at the latest bios revision.

Last edited:
Gigabyte just released a newer version of this MB with Thunderbolt and wireless connectivity and red heat sinks like on the UD4H.

Hey Nomad, were you able to get your board up and running?

I am waiting on a few more parts - and now I have to travel a couple of times over the next couple of weeks - so not sure when I will have the time to finish up.

Still waiting on PSU (Monday), H100i (yet to order) and video card. I have the case sitting here on my desk though already.... (HAF XB). Excited about this build.

Me too, still waiting on some parts should be up and running by Thursday.

Do yourself a favor with this board; update the bios immediately to f7. The bios that came with it was f4 and a was pile of poop. The bios q flash will only recognize a fat32 partition fyi.

Dont try to install any of the GB apps/drivers from the cd except the NIC driver. Download the app center from their website and let it update what you need.

Back