i5-750 "Intel confidential"...

Majeztik12

Limp Gawd
Bought this proc from a friend. Is this proc just like the production ones for the public? Is there any thing special about it?

Havent built it yet, even tho i updated my sig. Will be up and running by the 17th. Sorry. I was assured that it was indeed a i5-750 ...it does have a socket 1156 pin count tho.

You should return it to your friend. It is an engineering sample and it is property of Intel even if you paid him money for it.

Engineering Samples are assigned to Intel Engineers... they often "lose" them. They are traceable back to the engineer it was assigned to. That person could lose their job for allowing it to leave their possession.

Anymore ES CPU's do not mean "better" they're just the first of their kind... once the CPU is released to the public, they go through revisions, and stepping changes.. which usually leads to a better Retail CPU, than that which used for Engineer development

I doubt they care about engineering samples of a CPU already in mass production. Now if you had an engineering sample of an unreleased product, they would.

Can they trace it to me? Can I get in trouble?

No they cannot trace it to you. However, if you try to sell it, and you advertise it as an Engineering Sample... yes you can get into trouble. The chip could be confiscated, as it really belongs to Intel, no matter if you paid for it or stole it (same thing to them). You should always cover the serial number of an ES CPU if you post a picture of it online. People call them different things in order to not draw attention to them (Extra Spicy, Extra Special, Exuberantly Shocking,...) It really gets a little silly.

Great...was starting to sweat. I'll update its performance, and such when i get done building it tomorrow!

Back