i5 750

capt_cope

Gawd
Is it out already? Just browsing the B2B catalog that Tiger-Direct included in our last order and saw the i5 750 listed @ $229

I'm also waiting for it! I am very disappointed that Frys does not list them anymore

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but since the title was i5 750, I thought it was be ok. :p Anyhow, I was doing some figuring and I only came up with a difference of $160 give or take $10-20 in price from a i7 and a i5. If that was the case, what would you guys do? Just taking opinions.

Edit: This is speculation if the mobo and cpu of the i5 is priced at $200 like people think.

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but since the title was i5 750, I thought it was be ok. :p Anyhow, I was doing some figuring and I only came up with a difference of $160 give or take $10-20 in price from a i7 and a i5. If that was the case, what would you guys do? Just taking opinions.

Edit: This is speculation if the mobo and cpu of the i5 is priced at $200 like people think.
I would go i7/LGA1366 for that price difference, but then the advantages that LGA1366 has over LGA1156 are things that are significant to me and what I use my PCs for.

I don't understand how people are seeing these price differences in i5 to i7 at this point. I got my i7 for $200 at microcenter. I ordered 3x2gb ram with good timing for $65 after mail in rebate and went with the asrock extreme x58 for $180.

So where is this i5 savings at? I have heard $230 for the processor. I haven't kept track of motherboards but have heard numbers of $200. I can see only having 2 ram modules vs 3 but that's what a $30 difference?

In the long run I certainly agree i5 will be cheaper but I would imagine that being a few months after release at the very least.

You maybe right Bomber, but Intel are not going to price their new platform out of the market right off the bat. i5 HAS to be cheaper than i7 for it to sell at all. have any boards actually appeared in retail chains yet? Even for preorder?

I'm looking at i5 myself

Microcenter does not exist for me so there prices are a moot point. I will go i5 because I game. Thats it. No video rendering, I dont rip movies and I do not photo shop. The wife has her own computer to clutter with that crap. I can get a great mobo and cpu for a great price. Will it beat i7? Nope. I came to this forum a year ago for advice on my build. I was told to go with a P-35 board and a duel core cpu since I dont need SLI. I took the advice. I see the P-55 series to be just as great for folks running at 1900x1200 with a single video card or duel mid-range cards.

i5 or LGA 1136 will be cheaper at the end of the upgrade path which ever way you look at it. If you wait for a bit for the hype to go down and street price stabled, i5 will be placed where it was intended. Also for those of you comparing P55 to X58, there will be P55 under 200 that fills the low end line, 250 boards should be equivalent of R2E and Classfied on X58.

I was considering going straight for i5 but its not looking that much more promising than a high end 775 quad. :(

I plan to wait until Black Friday, and then I'll price out the differences based on what deals I can get. As far as I'm concerned, I don't particularly care which one I end up with as long as I can put at least 8GB of ram in it. I do some gaming, and use photoshop, but not many of the intensive filters. I often have files >1GB though, and, given a computer that can handle it, will likely have files upwards of 2GB or more.

Everything I've read has placed the 750 and 920 on fairly even ground, and they are supposed to have the same MSRP.

Back