IBM and the Jeopardy Challenge

I think the Jeopardy! announcer is actually one of the actors from "The Onion" on their video segments; specifically the guy that does the "Tech Trends" report (ie: "The Macbook Wheel").

But will it know that the material developed in 1970 that is used in place of steel belts in tires, and is referred to as stronger than steel and lighter than nylon kevlar?

Mark my words.. THIS is the point that the singularity kicks off. This is the most significant piece of technology in the last 20 years. Natural Language Recognition, coupled with amazing Analytical AI.. This WILL start to replace humans for many applications in the next 2 -4 years.

This was a MAJOR FAIL from the start without Alex Trebek as the host and Sean Connery & Burt Reynolds (aka Turd Fergeson) as players!!

Celeb%20Jeopardy%20-%20Turd%20Ferguson.jpg

Why does the Internet have THIS pic floating around on it??

trebek.jpg

Sorry if I just made a few of you lose your dinner!!

I think it's great that IBM managed to plug a computer into Wikipedia. :) Natural Language Processing is also cool.

Folding won't get you the cure for cancer either. Just saying.
No, but it might help Craig Venter build an artifical lifeform using novel proteins. These will then be used to pump out drugs and to produce fuels with less toxic by-products, thereby curing cancer. :p

("Just sayin'" is what my sister puts at the end of all her Facebook status updates. Just sayin'.)

Back