Ibm P260

MaxiS

n00b
Is anyone using this monitor ? I'm probably going to purchase two of them used ( A grade ) and was wondering if anyone can post couple of closeup pics of the screen itself and what do you think about it

Cmon someone must be using this monitor ? I would like to see it displaying 16x12 85Hz, and some OSD pictures please.

Hello,

I've had some experience with the P260; I've been using it since 1999 (just replaced it w/ a 2405FPW last week). This is the best CRT I've ever used-- great color, sharp, and great to look at. If u have any question(s) just ask.

BTW, how much are u paying for these two P260s?

jenneth

I'm paying about 400$ for both ( for 21" thats very very cheap around here ), i'll replace sony g500 with those two. P260 should have about same picture quality as G500 i think.. Actually i'm interested to see some real pictures of it in everyday use because all i can find on google are small and old pictures that doesn't mean anything.. Was your sharp enough at 16x12 ? Does this monitor have 'image restoration' option that fixes black levels after long use ? ( my sony has it, and i heard that can be very common problem with all used sony trinitron monitors ). Thanks for reply :)

Was your sharp enough at 1600x1200?
-For the most part, I found 1600x1200 to be a bit blurry (especially text), I can only use it for about an hour or so under that resolution, I prefer 1280x1024.

Does this monitor have 'image restoration' option that fixes black levels after long use?
-I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'image restoration', it does however, allow you to adjust its contrast/brightness levels. One of the reasons I got rid of the P260 was because it had become too bright, especially when I first turn it on in the morning- black actually looks like grey. I usually I have to wait about 30~45min for it to 'calm down'. I thought about buying the new P275, but at that price I would rather get the 2405FPW.

jenneth

That's what i'm talking about, blacks tend to become kinda washed out after a while on some trinitrons, i't can be restored back to factory settings where black is true black but it needs opening of the monitor itself .. my sony has this feature under osd, it's called image restoration, it automatically recalibrates blacks to factory defaults, too bad P260 doesn't have this option, now i'm scared that they don't come washed out .. ;(

That's what i'm talking about, blacks tend to become kinda washed out after a while on some trinitrons, i't can be restored back to factory settings where black is true black but it needs opening of the monitor itself .. my sony has this feature under osd, it's called image restoration, it automatically recalibrates blacks to factory defaults, too bad P260 doesn't have this option, now i'm scared that they don't come washed out .. ;(

I see... maybe those P260s you bought had been recalibrated. Anyway, good luck.:)

jenneth

I bought a used P260 for $180 in september. The image quality is really good, much better than my old dell 20 inch. I run it at 16x12 at 85 hz, and everything is very clear. The color quaility is really good, and I don't have any issues with black being washed out. Do you want camera pictures of the monitor or screenshots?

Very nice to hear that MetsFan978, seems mine are comming here on Sunday. Please post closeup pictures of monitor and screen from camera, thanks ! :D

Sorry cant get pictures. I don't have my own camera, except for a really crappy webcam and my friend who has a decent one somehow managed to screw up his memory card a while ago. But as long as the ones you are getting are in good condition, you wont be disappointed.

Back