IBM T43 details break cover

See:-
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryId=2049168&dualCurrId=73&catalogId=-840

Seems like a fairly mainstream corporate product. Suprised most manufacturers are putting 5400RPM drives in these guys. Also disappointed that the screen in 1024x768. But it does have 533MHz FSB, ExpressCard, 802.11a/b/g and Gig-e, with the Intel Graphics Media 900 inbuilt graphics.
No gaming machine, and not a great price, but that's not why you buy an IBM. Still debating whether to go for this or wait for some other better featured notebook with ExpressCard to show up.

- Tim

thats a pretty low end T43. wait a few months for the availibility to be higher and then you'll start seeing the T43's with X300/SXGA+ in 14 or 15in screens for about the same price

Yay for IBM's last harrah before leaving the market. :( I now worry I will never fulfill my decade long dream of owning a Thinkpad.

-zac

pr0zac said:
Yay for IBM's last harrah before leaving the market. :( I now worry I will never fulfill my decade long dream of owning a Thinkpad.

-zac

why not get a T42? its already been determined by several review sites that the sonoma platform is not all its cracked up to be. The T42 gets better battery life and with the prices on some of the real good ones (like the 2378-FVU) bound to drop, the next few months may be the best time to get a Thinkpad

i'm confused, I thought the express card was the pci-e interface for the new graphics cards, yet you said it has integrated graphics....what's the deal?

its the chipsets own integrated GPU which uses the PCIe bus, just like the 915's Extreme(ly crappy) graphics use PCIe.

pr0zac said:

-zac

Like the other guy said, get a T42! I got a 2378-FVU and I couldn't be happier. I paid like $1900, but you can get them cheaper now. Just upgrade it to 512+ MB of ram, and you are set.

TheCzar said:
i'm confused, I thought the express card was the pci-e interface for the new graphics cards, yet you said it has integrated graphics....what's the deal?

Express card is the next standard for external slot add-in cards like a wireless nic or something. It replaces cardbus which current PCMCIA standards are based on. The T43 will have one express card slot which can fit a 54mm wide expresscard and one that can fit a 34mm express card. I believe that one of the slots will also be able to take a cardbus pcmcia card, so old pcmcia cards aren't useless just yet. Express card will also be used in desktops later

Jicks said:
Like the other guy said, get a T42! I got a 2378-FVU and I couldn't be happier. I paid like $1900, but you can get them cheaper now. Just upgrade it to 512+ MB of ram, and you are set.

Yeah you guys are assuming I've got money... Poor college student == no thinkpad. Spent my savings on the desktop in my sig.

-zac

Back