IBM ThinkPad A30

Moderman

Limp Gawd
Hi Im wanting to purchase a fairly desent laptop. So I've been searching the web and seen a seller on ebay selling a IBM thinkpad A30 the specs we right and so was the price...well the bidding price was starting a 9.00$ no Reserve and coming from a very good seller. I know towards the end it will be a battle. But so far 3 bids and 10.00$. So I was wondering if this a good Choice (Im thinking on posting the link to it but Im afraid member a might out bid on me on it :p)

If anyones curious on what im wanting to do is to explore the world of linux and play Quake 3 :D

Just for refrence seller feedback

Feedback Score: 672
Positive Feedback: 98.4%
Members who left a positive: 683
Members who left a negative: 11
All positive feedback received: 829

Darakian said:
Not bad but quake 3 might be a bit much for it (under linux) as it has an ATi card in it :/
Link to specs for everyone else
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:A30

Actually I was googling around and saw that they had a comparison between IBM A30 and Dell latitude 730 (old) and they had it showing the frames of the laptops playing quake 3 yeah your probably right on how it would be tuff to run under linux. Or just good for web browsing. :)

Edit: Here it is .Now if you bid on it ill throw rocks at you :D

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got an A30, it's a really decent laptop but they do have known motherboard issues with the video card that can cause slight artifacts/distortion with text and animated objects. My first A30 had this happen out of the blue (luckly I refurbish laptops for a living so I grabbed another motherboard from work ;) ) but I have seen it on a few of them.

Asside from that, A30's are reliable and very well built, but if you can find a T series in your budget and requirements, I'd recommend them a bit more than the A series.

tdg said:
I've got an A30, it's a really decent laptop but they do have known motherboard issues with the video card that can cause slight artifacts/distortion with text and animated objects. My first A30 had this happen out of the blue (luckly I refurbish laptops for a living so I grabbed another motherboard from work ;) ) but I have seen it on a few of them.

Asside from that, A30's are reliable and very well built, but if you can find a T series in your budget and requirements, I'd recommend them a bit more than the A series.

Thanks for the tip, I seen on the Wiki site that A30 had screen problems so I might go with a T. Thanks for all your tips everyone

Moderman

Found A T30

Here it is another promising laptop maybe your thoughts?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back