Ibook G4 1GHZ vs Pentium M ?GHZ?

bennetvu

Limp Gawd
Hi, I'm trying to decide whether to get an iBook G4 with specs of 1GHZ, 512RAM and I was wondering how fast does that compare to a Pentium M?

I can get an IBM P-M 1.5GHZ, 512RAM for about $400 and iBook with specs above for $430.

Please let me know as I'm REALLY tight on budget. Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to decide whether to get an iBook G4 with specs of 1GHZ, 512RAM and I was wondering how fast does that compare to a Pentium M?

I can get an IBM P-M 1.5GHZ, 512RAM for about $400 and iBook with specs above for $430.

Please let me know as I'm REALLY tight on budget. Thanks

I used a PM 1.67ghz with a 512mb RAM stick, and it was easily beaten out by my 867mhz Powerbook G4 (also 512mb RAM).

The powerbook owned the Pentium M chip when I added another 512mb RAM too...

Keep in mind that there is HUGE difference between the Pentium 4 M and the Pentium M. Also, which CPU is faster depends mostly on what you're doing. I'm sure we could find plenty of things that the P-M does better, and plenty of things that the G4 does better. Another thing to keep in mind is that both machines are pretty slow by today's standards. I wouldn't really want to use either for more than surfing or light (read: OLD) gaming and that sort of thing.

What are you looking to do with the machine?

Back