IC7 max 3 green LEDS on top

Azn226

Limp Gawd
on the mobo ic7-MAx 3. is there a way u can turn those 3 LED's on top of the motherboard?

u can cover them with masking tape or something if they annoy you. but i dont know how to turn them off.

I feel for ya man. The green doesnt fit my color scheme but it wasnt enough for me not to buy the board.

I covered them with duct tape but there bright enough to go through the tape. It looks kinda cool now cause its a light accent green now instead of that bright green. I was going for a black void look in my case in that the mobo is black and I painted the inside black and I have purple led fas. So in a dark room you just see the purple and some computer components that look like there floating and the green looks like an alien power source or something...kinda cool.

But if you want to completly get rid of it you could try breaking them with damaging the board or put multiple layers of electricians tape or duct tape over them.

Why dont you just pain them with black paint , i dont think LED's get super hot, and if they do, dont you have a car part store over there where u can buy exhaust paint, i have some here and that will cope with 700C, enough for mild overclocking i think.

It might take a few layers thow otherwise you will get some weird colours.

Rob

Originally posted by Robolf
Why dont you just pain them with black paint , i dont think LED's get super hot, and if they do, dont you have a car part store over there where u can buy exhaust paint, i have some here and that will cope with 700C, enough for mild overclocking i think.

It might take a few layers thow otherwise you will get some weird colours.

Rob

not a bad Idea...or even some really think nail polish or something. But that is also irreversible and subtracts from the value of the board if you ever want to sell it.

Question to be asking - should not LED to dark side turn?:D

Pretty ironic phrasing of question - made me smile:D

Paint the buggers! Dont break them. If you want something reversible, cover 'em with sticky putty (Prestik)

Originally posted by Thunder888
Question to be asking - should not LED to dark side turn?:D

Pretty ironic phrasing of question - made me smile:D

Paint the buggers! Dont break them. If you want something reversible, cover 'em with sticky putty (Prestik)

Yeah it was phrased funny wasnt it.

Thats an even better idea, sticky putty. Hmm...I just might try that. Thx.

Back