Icons messed up, how to fix?

Chowder Head

Limp Gawd
I don't know why or exactly when but most of my icons on my desktop and start menu aren't showing up. All I can really remember is I think after I finished playing an online game, this happened soon after.

I've attached a picture since it's much easier to see than explain. As you can see, 'My Computer' on the desktop isn't showing up but in the start menu, it's there perfectly fine. I guess I could make a new shortcut for that but there are others as well and would like to know how to fix them without deleting them all.

And as you can see, my foobar200 icon in my start menu is not showing up but the program itself has the right icon and everything.

iconswrong.jpg

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

download tweakui from the windows powertoys website and there's an option in there to repair icons. it usually does the trick for my icons when stuff gets messed up.

Well I boot up my computer today and what do you know, all the icons are currently showing up fine. And I did absolutely nothing different than the previous nights. Anyone one how this problem occurs? My mine for fixed without me having to do anything?

But next time it happens, I'll try out tweakui. Thanks man.

Back