ID Grip For G9 Laser Mouse - Definite Improvement!

curlysir

Limp Gawd
Recently purchased the Logitech G9x mouse at their dented boxed sale. I was disappointed with the way it fit my hand with either of the included grips. Liked the features but disliked the ergonomics. The G5 it replaced fit much better and I put the G5 back it service while I waited on a G500.

Was looking around and ran across the ID Grip at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cust..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QAXQYV35MS2PTPAFEQ8 . I ordered it and it arrived today. This was a much needed improvement and this style/size grip should have been included in the original package. If you have this mouse and want a bigger grip, this is the way to go. Before the grip change the G5/G500 fit much better, but now it is a toss up as to which fits better.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How does the custom grip you linked differ from the wide grip that comes with the G9? To me it looks identical minus the custom graphics, or is it slightly wider? The only real problem I have with gripping my G9 on the wide grip is with my pinky / ring finger, but I have that problem with every mouse I've tried except the Razer copperhead, so if it changes something in that area it might be interesting to check out.

How does the custom grip you linked differ from the wide grip that comes with the G9? To me it looks identical minus the custom graphics, or is it slightly wider? The only real problem I have with gripping my G9 on the wide grip is with my pinky / ring finger, but I have that problem with every mouse I've tried except the Razer copperhead, so if it changes something in that area it might be interesting to check out.

It is wider and taller in the back then the wide grip that comes with the G9. I will try and measure the difference. It does make a difference and I like the G9 much better with the custom grip.

EDIT: I did some measuring and the custom grip is only about 1/4" wider and the widest part is more to the rear, but it is 1" longer and I believe the extra length is what I like. The height is actually about the same but it is shifted back. I believe the extra length and shifting of the height and width backwards is what makes it better for me. The grip may not work for everybody but it made the G9 a mouse that I will now use instead of it setting on the shelf.

Last edited:
Logitech used to have a custom ID grip service. Too bad they stopped making them :(

I got an id grip from logitech when they still offered them. After playing with it a bunch, these days I just use the wide grip. Now the id feels 'too big'. The id grip is much bigger towards the back end, your palm rides higher up from the mousing surface. If I had a bit bigger hand the id would be perfect.

Precision grip is just too small, I've really tried and I love the textured surface but there's no comfortable way to hold it for long-term play. I tried seriously using it anyway, but it caused RSI wrist pains that took like 3 months to fade away. Not going to mess with a non-palm grip again.

Wide - Id - Precision
P1000904.JPG

Last edited:
The precision grip is my favorite of the G9, but I've never had a chance to use the ID.

Back