Ideas and suggestions for an upcoming watercooled build.

chiablo

Limp Gawd
I'm going to be building a watercooled setup and I'd like to get some suggestions from the community.

I love the design of the Lian Li V1000 case, and I think it would be perfect for the water cooled setup I'd like to try. However, there are a few snags I'm hitting.

1. I want to mount the radiator (Black Ice II) on the top of the case. I'm worried that there won't be enough room due to the fact that I have never seen anybody do this before.

2. Will there be enough airflow into the case for me to mount the radiator internally?

I used Google's SketchUp and some pre-made models to see if everything would fit...

mockup6wy.jpg

With waterflow (the order and exact positioning of things will probably change):
mockupflow0al.jpg

Everything seems to fit according to the model, but I want to make sure it will all be perfect before I drop $200 on a case that won't work.

IMG_1752.jpg

--

the moral of the story is to move the pump or you will have to have it come thru a hole in the slanted section of the midfloor. the outlet barb is the exact height of the lower section of the midfloor as you can see in my pic.

lots of folks mount rads internally on the v series, just not the v-1000, check out the 1200 (the same height, just more space from front to back) cuz then you mount the rad near the front of the case and yes, it has tons of airflow.

Well, that pretty much answers it for me. I didn't realize how huge the radiator really is.

I'm now looking into either the coolermaster stacker case and mounting a dual rad in the front, or using the Koolance triple rad that $BangforThe$ suggested.

yea man, but check my worklog, my buddy REVENANT uses that same black koolance modded case (its a dual rad by the way not triple) so you can see some of the fun things it can do

Back