Identifying type of molex

LeArN2LiVe

Limp Gawd
My friend just hooked me up with a free Koolance submerged water pump for my computer. The only thing that is throwing me off is that the water pump usually plugged into a mini-mainboard on his old Koolance system which was controlled by another controller on the case. Anyways, the end of the molex is 2-pin with one of the pins being blue-colored and the other faded-red/pinkish color. I was wondering if I could snip the ends and crimp the ends onto another type of molex?

Thanks in advance guys!
Vince

picture001xn0.jpg

Looks like u have one of these [link]

I'd try to look through the plexi and see the specs on the motor. If it says 12V, 7V, or 5V, you can mod it into a regular molex. If it says otherwise, you can either underpower or overpower the motor (not recomended), or you can try to get the koolance made controller board for it.

Hope this helps.

Looks like u have one of these [link]

I'd try to look through the plexi and see the specs on the motor. If it says 12V, 7V, or 5V, you can mod it into a regular molex. If it says otherwise, you can either underpower or overpower the motor (not recomended), or you can try to get the koolance made controller board for it.

Hope this helps.

Or you could run it through a fan speed controller to power it correctly. I can't imagine that the koolance controller board is going to be cheap :( (at least not as cheap as a fan controller).

It's an R-PMP01 which is a 12V pump (I'm lucky!). So how do I go about modding it to fit a molex?

Yeah, you should be able to hook it right up to the YELLOW and the black wires. How many Amps is it (or watts)?

You should be able to find a pin diagram somewhere on Koolance's website. Even the regular manual should tell you what the wires are.

No dice on the blue to yellow and pink to black. I'm 100% sure the pump works though as we brought it back to my friends house and plugging it into the mini-mainboard brought the pump to life. Anyone have any ideas?

No dice on the blue to yellow and pink to black. I'm 100% sure the pump works though as we brought it back to my friends house and plugging it into the mini-mainboard brought the pump to life. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you try it the other way around?

If you mean the connector, it looks like it is keyed/notched/one-way only. Maybe examining the controller board it connects too can yield an answer to which wire is which (writing on the board, following trace(s), etc).

Or you could run it through a fan speed controller to power it correctly. I can't imagine that the koolance controller board is going to be cheap :( (at least not as cheap as a fan controller).

well according to koolance's website the board is $16, but then you need the power board that connects to it... $14 and the cable to connect the two $8 and then it might not even work because the control board usualy controls three fans, if you dont have them connected it wont turn the system on. a fan controler would be much simpler. you need to find out the correct voltages though.

Blue to yellow and pink to black leads to sparks. Anyone have a clue? I really need this system up.

Blue to yellow and pink to black leads to sparks. Anyone have a clue? I really need this system up.

It definitely looks like the pump uses some sort of frequency control rather than straight voltage control...

Or a much, much different voltage than what is available to a Molex (although most reviews seem to think that those pumps are indeed 12v).

Back