Idiots begin line queue for Halo 3.

Ethug

Limp Gawd
2 weeks in advance..
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=42292

I don't understand this..for one its a game, for two there will likely be so many copies floating around it won't be the least bit difficult to find..for three TWO FUCKING WEEKS? What the hell is wrong with these morons? :rolleyes:

Man, I sure wish I had that much free time. I'm lucky if I can squeeze in an hour or two of gaming at all over the course of two weeks.

What tools.

When I went to buy NHL 08 from my local Gamestop yesterday, they guaranteed I'd get a copy of Halo 3 on the day of release if I reserved it. So I put $5 down and reserved it.

They really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want to play that game.. What's worse is that any one else wanting a copy will walk into a different store (one without campers out front, cause their just can't be that many campers and idiots tend to flock together) and buy the game no more than 15 minutes after the campers do.. It certainly does smack of idiocy.. But hey, whatever floats their boat eh..

What tools.

When I went to buy NHL 08 from my local Gamestop yesterday, they guaranteed I'd get a copy of Halo 3 on the day of release if I reserved it. So I put $5 down and reserved it.

A gamestop guarantee for getting something on launch day is not worth the paper it is printed on. Still I don't see getting this game as something that will be hard to do. Hell 7-11 is taking preorders for it and will be selling it.

Wonder how many copies they will have on launch day. You have what around 9 million 360s sold already. How many of those does MS think they can attach halo 3 too? I'm thinking they will have a shit load of these games as they are trying to break records again with it.

I found that article to be personally insulting. Hey, I'm not going to line up 14 days before the launch, but hell I love Halo and personally I think the author can fuck himself.
People lined up a month before Star Wars, people lined up for the Playstation 2, the Playstation 3, the Xbox 360, hell, people line up for the after-Thanksgiving sale. Just let people do what they enjoy. If they lost their jobs or quit their career or whatever, then clearly it didnt make them as happy as the Halo franchise makes them. Call it whatever you want, but I'm sure whatever it was that caused them to decide to line up 14 days before a game probably understand that they can get the game when it is released. That doesnt make them unintelligent sheep, just dedicated fans.

With 7-11's around my neighborhood claiming to have Halo 3 the day it comes out I'm not too worried about not finding a copy. I've never reserved a game evar. The only game that I have not been able to get or recieved on opening day or whenever i want was Super Mario Brothers 3. But with the advent of CD's and DVD's being so damn cheap to produce why would any game ever sell out other then it being the stores fault. Then they should have plenty of stock the next week.... damn all i wanted this post to say was that 7-11 says they'll have halo 3.

Lining up is so stupid I don't even know where to begin. It will NOT sell out and you WILL be able to walk into pretty much any Best Buy, Futureshop, EB Games, Walmart, and Blockbuster to buy one judging from Halo 2.

Lining up is so stupid I don't even know where to begin. It will NOT sell out and you WILL be able to walk into pretty much any Best Buy, Futureshop, EB Games, Walmart, and Blockbuster to buy one judging from Halo 2.

Which I am sure is not to say that it won't sell a fuckton of copies, of *course* it will. Even launching so late in the month Halo3 will easily be title #1 for the month, hands down. It goes without saying (or at least it ought to) that they've certainly already shipped 3x as many as they anticipate selling day 1, there's not going to be a shortage.

Standing in line like that for two weeks means several things to me:

1. No sex
2. No life
3. No brain

Number one being the most important:)

did people line up to see star wars because they were afraid they wouldn't be able to see it before it left the theatres?

people just want to play halo3 ASAP, nothing wrong with that, its called excitement, and fun. I'd rather be them and have that feeling of excitement then be some cranky person on a forum that calls them an idiot.

did people line up to see star wars because they were afraid they wouldn't be able to see it before it left the theatres?

people just want to play halo3 ASAP, nothing wrong with that, its called excitement, and fun. I'd rather be them and have that feeling of excitement then be some cranky person on a forum that calls them an idiot.

I'd rather be the cranky forum dick for several reasons:

1. My office chair is WAY more comfy than CONCRETE
2. When my 8 hours is up, I go home to my even more comfy sofa
3. At bedtime, my bed is WAY more comfy than CONCRETE
4. I can eat dinner on a table rather than on CONCRETE
5. My food will be home cooked, not Mickey D's trash of the day

I'd say those are good reasons, and 3 of them are hard, concrete examples of why I prefer to be an angry forum douche instead of a jobless, mindless moron waiting in line 2 weeks for a video game that will ship in abundance :D

My wife gave me a bj tonight. I bet those guys didn't get one:D

While everyone lines up at walmart, gamestop, bestbuy, etc. I'm going to walk to my local 7-11 and pick one up, great thing that they are also open 24/7. So no waiting the next morning. That's how I got halo 2!

That isn't a real Halo 3 line....I am guessing this was setup.

First off they are sitting in front of the SONY METREON and are about 10 feet away from the entrance to the SONY PLAYSTATION store which is just across the hall from the.....yup thats right it is the SONYSTYLE store.
So the chances of Halo 3 being sold in that building are about as good as theinquirer being considered a real news outlet.

Case closed

How great would it be if it somehow got delayed? Delivery truck crashes and burns up... that would be great.

That isn't a real Halo 3 line....I am guessing this was setup.

First off they are sitting in front of the SONY METREON and are about 10 feet away from the entrance to the SONY PLAYSTATION store which is just across the hall from the.....yup thats right it is the SONYSTYLE store.
So the chances of Halo 3 being sold in that building are about as good as theinquirer being considered a real news outlet.

Case closed

Maybe, but if they are dumb enough to camp out 2 weeks prior to the release of a game that will undoubtedly be available in more than adequate numbers, perhaps they are dumb enough to do it in front of the wrong store... ;) ;) ;) and another ;) just in case anyone is mentally challenged enough to not figure out that I'm joking..

I found that article to be personally insulting. Hey, I'm not going to line up 14 days before the launch, but hell I love Halo and personally I think the author can fuck himself.
People lined up a month before Star Wars, people lined up for the Playstation 2, the Playstation 3, the Xbox 360, hell, people line up for the after-Thanksgiving sale. Just let people do what they enjoy. If they lost their jobs or quit their career or whatever, then clearly it didnt make them as happy as the Halo franchise makes them. Call it whatever you want, but I'm sure whatever it was that caused them to decide to line up 14 days before a game probably understand that they can get the game when it is released. That doesnt make them unintelligent sheep, just dedicated fans.

something is seriously fucked up in the mind of someone that would give up a "career" or job or even two weeks of their short life for a fucking video game, they are truly unintelligent as this type of decision is one made only without intelligence, it's a fucking video game.....and at the end of the day it means fucking nothing

damn this shit pisses me off, people who let themselves be consumed by games......

dont get me wrong, i own a 360 and used to be into PC games hardcore, but guess what, i grew up and found out that life is short, and you can bet your sweet ass nobody will give a shit if you played Halo 14 the day it was released, real life>fiction, i am lucky if i get 3 hours a week to play games, and you know what, i am happy with that, because every time i sit with my little girls and see them smile and grab my arm and try to get closer to me just because they want to spend time with me, suddenly, you could say anything you want about any video game or anything else and t would mean nothing....i know that doesnt make sense to some of you, but eventually you will or darwin will see your fate with your game controller in hand

2 weeks in advance..
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=42292

I don't understand this..for one its a game, for two there will likely be so many copies floating around it won't be the least bit difficult to find..for three TWO FUCKING WEEKS? What the hell is wrong with these morons? :rolleyes:

what does it being a game have anything to do with making it any more stupid than the asshats who line up MONTHS in advance to see star wars?

As to what's wrong with them? fanboyitis

I wonder if there will be any fighting with this launch lol, give them all a master cheif helmet and a real gun to play deathmatch/last man standing whilst they wait lol, resulting in getting the game banned before its released, the latter would make my day lol. (btw im only joking!)

I'll never quite understanding lining up this far in advance. It's not going to make the release come any faster and you're no more likely to get the game by doing this than by just showing up 2-12 hours early depending on where you live.
Seems like is some strange way of showing that you're impatient and you don't know what to do with yourself.
I'm all for camping out for something you've been waiting for (I've done it myself) but this is absolutely pointless.

"UPDATE: We have been told they are lining up to play Halo 3 on the Imax screen. Having played a 360 on a 100+ foot screen in the past, I can say without a doubt the guys are far less sad than people lining up for over two weeks for the game woukd be. In fact, this puts them far ahead of 'the stupid'. Stay tuned for the locust plague, it can't be far behind."

OMG HALO 3!!

I have mine pre-ordered, but you won't see me lining up anywhere for it.

something is seriously fucked up in the mind of someone that would give up a "career" or job or even two weeks of their short life for a fucking video game, they are truly unintelligent as this type of decision is one made only without intelligence, it's a fucking video game.....and at the end of the day it means fucking nothing

damn this shit pisses me off, people who let themselves be consumed by games......

dont get me wrong, i own a 360 and used to be into PC games hardcore, but guess what, i grew up and found out that life is short, and you can bet your sweet ass nobody will give a shit if you played Halo 14 the day it was released, real life>fiction, i am lucky if i get 3 hours a week to play games, and you know what, i am happy with that, because every time i sit with my little girls and see them smile and grab my arm and try to get closer to me just because they want to spend time with me, suddenly, you could say anything you want about any video game or anything else and t would mean nothing....i know that doesnt make sense to some of you, but eventually you will or darwin will see your fate with your game controller in hand

sounds like u dont need to be posting in a games forum then. ur the fuckin idiot

sounds like u dont need to be posting in a games forum then. ur the fuckin idiot

i spend a lot of time on the road traveling, so i frequent several forums at night quite a bit as there's not much to do in a hotel room by yourself, i see something i want to comment on so i do, as do you, you can disagree with me but dont try to tell me where i should and should not go on the internet, last time i checked i was discussing the topic, giving my opinion on it, etc......you simply posted because you dont like my viewpoint:rolleyes:

i spend a lot of time on the road traveling, so i frequent several forums at night quite a bit as there's not much to do in a hotel room by yourself, i see something i want to comment on so i do, as do you, you can disagree with me but dont try to tell me where i should and should not go on the internet, last time i checked i was discussing the topic, giving my opinion on it, etc......you simply posted because you dont like my viewpoint:rolleyes:

you are obviously too mature for games and gamers. u bash fans because they want to wait in line, theres no reason for it. people will do whatever the fuck they want and u act like they commiting a felony. if u dont like gamers or the gaming community u should just log off. there aint nothin more too it.

Even though it isn't what these guys are doing, anyone who literally has nothing better to do than sit in line for two weeks for a video game is someone who has already lost at life.

No job, no school, no productive or engaging hobby... no use?

What retards do they really think that software is really going to sell out. Hell they will spit halo 3 games like Brittney spits out babbies and blow jobs.

Also have the dumbtards ever hurda pre order. A pre-order is when you buy the game before it comes out so you have a reserved copy get it pre-order.

If they start lineing up in phoenix I'm getting my paint ball gun for a drive by and get me some frags.

What retards do they really think that software is really going to sell out. Hell they will spit halo 3 games like Brittney spits out babbies and blow jobs.

Also have the dumbtards ever hurda pre order. A pre-order is when you buy the game before it comes out so you have a reserved copy get it pre-order.

If they start lineing up in phoenix I'm getting my paint ball gun for a drive by and get me some frags.

These people aren't waiting to buy Halo 3.

you are obviously too mature for games and gamers. u bash fans because they want to wait in line, theres no reason for it. people will do whatever the fuck they want and u act like they commiting a felony. if u dont like gamers or the gaming community u should just log off. there aint nothin more too it.

you fail to comprehend and continue to take it personally.....relax, you are obviously one of "them", i used to be into it a ton, then i grew up, got a 360 and get to enjoy it a little here and there with occasional days when i get to play Forza2 for a few hours straight

i was not bashing the fans of the games, i am bashing the idiotic insane people that give up careers and real life for a video game, as far as a felony....well.....i have known "gamers" that will spend their money on a video game or spend far too much time with the game and neglect their household duties, neglect their children, neglect their spouses, neglect their careers etc....and if i had my way, yes, that would be at least a chargeable offense

what do you suppose it does to a child who looks up to you as a father and you wont spend any time with them because you are too into your own fantasy world inside the game.......it's horrendous, my niece is in one of those situations, both mom and step dad are so into the Wow and Oblivion thing they will let the cable TV and phone get turned off in order to go buy a PS3, they choose to stick their son and daughter in another room with their video games or movies so they wont "bother" them, so they can play video games all night long......it's absolutely sickening, and these are the same type of people that would take days off of work to go camp out to get a video game a day early, etc.......it's truly a testament to how many people are not worth allowing to breathe, its kids raising kids, and unfortunately the children are the ones that suffer, their house is a pig sty, food and dishes and clothes cover the floor in every room with "trails" like cattle make through a field going from one room to the other

my niece comes over to my house on the weekends sometimes and being able to interact with people and play outside is like a treat for her, you ask her what she does at home and she'll tell you, "Well, me and my brother play in our rooms while mom and dad play games on the big screen, we dont go anywhere for fun." It makes me sick.

remember, these are video games, not real life, and at the end of the day it doesnt make you a better person having spent all day playing games, sometimes people need to be "unplugged" to get a reality check and realize this

i am looking forward to COD4 myself, Halo3 maybe but i am not really into the FPS online gameplay, but i sure as shit aint gonna neglect my duties as a husband, father, or employee in order to have a game a day earlier......thats insanity , i dont care how you cut it, you have to be a lifeless excuse for a human to go to those extremes

i realized a long time ago that no matter how hard i try i will not be able to have fun playing online against 10-14 yr old kiddies who spend 8 hours a day (or more) playing the silly games, but then i look around and realize how good life is and how empty they must be emotionally

The same kind of retards that don't read an article before posting their opinion on it?:D

Why do Halo 3 discussions always result in such hate and anger? We're all gamers people, just chill.

Back