IE8 Compatibility

HOCP4ME

2[H]4U
Alright, so I've been using IE8 for a few days now, and so far there is only one site I've seen that requires me to use "compatibility view": [H]ardForum.

What's up with that? :confused: :p

IE8 still has pretty shitty standards-compliance. I haven't had issues with Hardforum on any other browser, so that pretty much says that it's a browser issue and not a website issue.

IE8 still has pretty shitty standards-compliance. I haven't had issues with Hardforum on any other browser, so that pretty much says that it's a browser issue and not a website issue.

From what I've heard, "compatibility view" in IE8 has much less standards compliance than regular view. Therefore, shouldn't [H]ardForum look better in regular view, if there is any difference?

From what I've heard, "compatibility view" in IE8 has much less standards compliance than regular view. Therefore, shouldn't [H]ardForum look better in regular view, if there is any difference?
From my limited playing around with IE8, although it technically has better compliance than IE7, it still broke a lot of sites that worked in IE7. It's an odd case.

Back