Iexplore and website music help

IanSMK

Weaksauce
hi, i have a myspace account, its a website where u and friends put up accounts and talk through it and post blogs, real stupid stuff, but you can put html in certain areas so that it prompts music to be played when people view it, now i did that, and it worked fine, and i heard music from my friend's account too, well the other day i may have deleted all my cookies and temp internet files... or i may not have...dunno i have XP pro service pack 2

now why isnt it playing music on the site? i checked my other computer and it loads the music fine..:( any ideas?

Possibly your settings were changed... check (in IE)
Tools --> Options --> Advanced tab --> scroll down to the "Multimedia" heading and see if "Play sounds in web page is checked"

Also, what type of file is the music? mp3, midi, etc. If your temp internet files were deleted and the file is no longer cached, perhaps it's just taking a while to load up...

You said you had SP 2... but you didn't mean that you had installed that and THEN the sound stopped working, correct?

its an mp3, originally it fired up just fine

and yea i had SP2 installed all along, just letting u know what version of windows i had

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/5683963

the whole site is a joke but see how fast it goes for u, i have broadband so that shouldnt be my problem...and i reset all my advanced to default and still nothing

Hahahahaha, that is an awesome song... I will have to download it later.

Yeah it loaded up almost instantly for me (I'm on DSL)...

Have you run any Spybot or virus searches?

the song is my brother's rap group, they just get drunk and rap about random garbage...like scary pirates and such... anyways no i havnt run any spyware or virus searches

okay if this has stumped everyone...whats the next best thing i can do besides reformatting? like can i reinstall iexplorer? errr wait...i installed opera and it didnt do it either...wuts this mean!

alright so reformat? either that or its something to do with windows triggers as far as downloading the music and than playing it...cmon....

Ok, so an alternative browser such as Mozilla or Firefox won't play it either?

Make sure your speakers are plugged in. kidding :p

har...har...har... nah its windows problem...windows seems to not want to download music and play it from the internet... cmon [H] guru...save me

Back