If Half Life 2 became a movie, who would play the characters?

SayItWithSlugs

Limp Gawd
Gordon - Tom Hanks

Alyx - Jada Pinkett Smith

G-Man - Christopher Walken

Eli - Morgan Freeman

Barney - David Arquette

Breen - Sean Connery

Scientist - Anthony Head

i'd pick nia long for alex. jada is too manly for my taste. nia long is smOkin!

Good call on G-Man... he'd be perfect.

I can't see Hanks as GF though. Maybe Keanau(sp?) Reeves or Matt Damon. The actor would have to be potentially nerdy and potentially heroic.

I'd say Eric Clapton for Gordon.

OK, maybe not, but before I ever heard of the original I was attracted to the box with Clapton on the cover.

jrab said:
Good call on G-Man... he'd be perfect.

I can't see Hanks as GF though. Maybe Keanau(sp?) Reeves or Matt Damon. The actor would have to be potentially nerdy and potentially heroic.

damon would be good...he can be nerdy (good will hunting) and a badass (jason bourne) at the same time. keanu reeves is dog shit. he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

I guess Charlie Sheen is getting too long in the tooth for Gordon Freeman?

Ed Norton would be an awesome Gordon.

The G-man needs to be the Cancer/Gman Man from X-Files.

Edward Norton is an excellent choice for Gordon.

Although I am partial to Christopher Walken as the GMAN.

If they need any monkeys or maybe for thoose fast headcrab zombies ... im sure Ron Pearlmen (Abe Sapian) is looking for work.

SayItWithSlugs said:
Gordon - Tom Hanks

Alyx - Jada Pinkett Smith

G-Man - Christopher Walken

Eli - Morgan Freeman

Barney - David Arquette

Breen - Sean Connery

Scientist - Anthony Head

Although Morgan Freeman would work, I would choose this guy as ELI -- Bill Cobbs

si_halflife2_06_lg.jpg

08f4fa60.jpg

credits include Enough and Demolition Man

Gordon - Tom Hanks no no Edward Norton is a better idea

Alyx - Jada Pinkett Smith or Wyona Ryder... (remember the last Aliens movie...)

G-Man - Christopher Walken awesome!!

Eli - Morgan Freeman awesome!!!

Barney - David Arquette....awesome!!

Breen - Sean Connery awesome...

Scientist - Anthony Head awesome...

this thread rocks

John Malkovich or John Rhys-Davies as Father Grigori
Malcolm McDowell as Breen
Eric Bana as Gordon Freeman

John Malkovic would be awesome as Father Grigori
the only other person I see is .... billy bob thorton

dnt94civic said:
Although Morgan Freeman would work, I would choose this guy as ELI -- Bill Cobbs

si_halflife2_06_lg.jpg

08f4fa60.jpg

credits include Enough and Demolition Man

I'd definitely agree with that.

hehe.. Gisele needs to play Alyix :)

At lest Gisele has shot a gun in a movie (Taxi) and she's very yummy :D

Gordon: Edward Norton

Alyx: Nia Peeples

G-Man: A gaunt Robert Patrick, Lance Henriksen (maybe too short)...but there is one actor in my mind, can't remember his name or a movie he's been in...dead-on resemblace, though...

Eli: Bill Cobbs

Barney: The big dark-haired guy from Alias/Felicity

Breen: Helmut Bakaitis ("The Architect" from "The Matrix Reloaded")

me as Gordon :D having that gravity gun would be too much fun, and you know if they made a movie outta this, Gordan (me) would get it on with Alyx (whoever) :p

barney looks like a buff robert downey jr to me. he can snort coke off combine troops.

I think Jessica Alba would be a PERFECT Alyx. She is beautiful, smart, AND kicks ass. Dark Angel anyone? :D

Edward Norton for Gordon and Bill Cobbs for Eli, totally agree.

By the way, Sean Connery would be a PERFECT Dr. Breen. Good on ya mate!

Alyx as Angelina Jolie :D
Edward Norton as GF, totally!!

Btw, good thinking yall. Nice thread, made me laugh too.

Christian Bale or Matthew McConaughey as Gordon Freeman

hands down, both guys with a goatee

No way, Christopher Walken as G-Man... I can even imagine him saying the same lines, the exact same stilted way... He can look creepy enough to pull it off too.

If Norton wouldn't do it, I'd go for Charlie Sheen.
sheen_sm.jpg

edit: or Michael Douglass (if he could still do the whole "Falling Down" thing) or even Johnny Depp cause there's nothing he can't do

Oh and I second the Jessica Alba vote. But Connery? Not unless he could ditch the signature Connery voice, which I'm sure he wouldn't. He's got the look, but not the part.

Vin Diesel as Gordon. He doesn't say jack shit so he can't possibly ruin the movie.

bonkrowave said:
Edward Norton is an excellent choice for Gordon.

Although I am partial to Christopher Walken as the GMAN.

If they need any monkeys or maybe for thoose fast headcrab zombies ... im sure Ron Pearlmen (Abe Sapian) is looking for work.

I hope you arent implying anything negative about ron perlman because hes fucking awesome when it comes to supporting roles (hellboy = big mistake) and fuckign matt damon sucks so much... gordon freeman needs to be played by someone cooler bruce willis, too bad he would never do it, but give him some hair and a goatee and he looks the part and fuckign would play the part, remember if gordon freeman was in a movie he would be an action star not an actor, therefore he would have to be played by one of the following or someone like them:

Governator
sylvestor stallone
the rock
bruce willis

hl2 would be an action movie and i dont want to see someone like edward norton fucking it up, hes a great actor but he isnt an action guy hes an ACTOR.

Back