If my wife were to buy Valve orange, can she still get in on TF2 beta?

sharkapult

Limp Gawd
It's a preorder, but since it's coming out after the TF2 release, I'm curious: can she buy the orange box and play TF2 with me? She thought it looked like fun, and is thinking of buying it

It's a preorder, but since it's coming out after the TF2 release, I'm curious: can she buy the orange box and play TF2 with me? She thought it looked like fun, and is thinking of buying it

Once your wife buys the orange box, could you please get back to us here as to whether it worked or not? I'm considering the same thing.
Thanks in advance!

editx2: I bit the bullet and found out for sure. Yes, you can still get into the TF2 beta.

I asked this in a different thread, but no one answered me...

Will I still be able to get into the beta if I cant get the Orange Box till Friday?

Your computer downloads the entire full TFC2 when you buy the Orange box. You should be able to play it right away once you get it preloaded.

It's basically the entire game just called a beta for early release. I would bet you could still play it if you bought on Friday.

Your computer downloads the entire full TFC2 when you buy the Orange box. You should be able to play it right away once you get it preloaded.

It's basically the entire game just called a beta for early release. I would bet you could still play it if you bought on Friday.

Thanks for the info, thats what Ive been waiting to hear...

I bought orange box off steam last night
and iam playing TF2. It seems worth it too me! TF2 does not feel like beta.

I also bought it last night, and TF2 (beta, whatever) worked just fine once everything was loaded. As previously said, I'd imagine you wouldn't have any problems playing it ahead of whenever the hell its release date really is until they change the ad copy in Steam to say "No, bitch, you lost out."

i believe the offer is good until october 10th so you have some time to decide

Nothing to thing about, TF2 is that good. Go out get your wallet/purse/fold and purchase NOW! then get online and have fun!

Back