I'm doing it wrong :(

spydermonkey

2[H]4U
So I decided to get back into folding now that my rig's up and running again, and wanted to have both cores folding. I tried using the SMP client, but I'm having some problems with that, so I'm trying to use two F@H clients with the affinity of each set to a different core. I start the clients with the -local switch, and set the affinity in the task manager. I also have each set to a different machine ID, but when i look in the task manager, I see that each client is only using 35% of the CPU usage (set in config to 75% idle) Does anyone know if I'm doind something wrong?

Other than that, the GPU client's working fine.

If you have the folding clients configured for 75% that's why each one is using ~35%.
Each CPU core makes up 50% and 75% of 50 is 37.5%. If you want it to use the CPU cores to the max, you have to leave the folding client configured to 100%. Then each folding core will show a usage for 49 to 50.

Are you GPU folding on the same machine?

Killer[MoB];1031011009 said:
If you have the folding clients configured for 75% that's why each one is using ~35%.
Each CPU core makes up 50% and 75% of 50 is 37.5%. If you want it to use the CPU cores to the max, you have to leave the folding client configured to 100%. Then each folding core will show a usage for 49 to 50.

Are you GPU folding on the same machine?

Yeah, GPU folding is on the same machine, and as far as I know, is running fine, because the console shows it working.

i thought the 75% would show up as 75% for each process, but I guess I'm wrong. Thanks. I guess my CPU can't work at 150%.

Back