Im looking for a 20" for portrait use.

Empty_Quarter

2[H]4U
Heya, I am looking into getting a second screen for my setup as I could really use it. I currently have 2x 2408WFP (1 portrait, 1 landscape). I have one of the screens temporarily and will have to return it soon, however, I have gotten used to the dual monitor setup and I really like it.

As much as I like it, a 24" in portrait is rather large, especially for secondary uses, so I'm looking for a 20" widescreen in portrait mode (to maintain same dot pitch). Now my options here are limited, I'm in Canada, and off the top of my head, only two brands have their monitors rotate, and that's Dell and HP.

With Dell, I'm looking at the new 2009w, however because its new, there is very few info out there about it, I dont know if its good, has problems, and what not. It would be nice to get a 2007WFP for a secondary monitor, but those are discontinued and are getting rather rare.

HP is my other option, however, they are not exactly readily available in Canada, which means they are far pricier than they should be.

Which monitor would you suggest I get? I would like to keep cost to a minimum ($300 max shipped) and I do not want to get a third party stand for it (adds more cost). Are there other options out there?

Ideally a used NEC 209uxi.. or Nec 2190uxi.
Other alternative is the HP 2065 with the same panel

Back