I'm looking for a good online Computer Botique

Speaking of, don't put spaces in ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ to get pass the word filter, as I was banned for a month for doing that; Just a heads up. ;)

Also, your welcome. :)

Speaking of, don't put spaces in ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ to get pass the word filter, as I was banned for a month for doing that; Just a heads up. ;)

Also, your welcome. :)

You too?! haha Join the club.

You too?! haha Join the club.

Yeah,me too.I'm familiar with why Max can't post here,and I understand,even though some other reps have crossed the line lately.But I also agree with your point that customers who want to offer their experience with a vendor should be allowed to name them.Good builders are hard to find,especially ones us poor working stiffs can afford.;)

I looked at Maingear again and I'm starting to slide in that direction due to the PC won't be in the brown truck too long.Exterior Finish: Black Brushed Aluminum Finish
Included

Power Supply: 650W Ultra Quiet Power Supply
Included
Graphics Accelerator: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 9800 GTX+ 512MB GDDR3 w/ PhysX
$169.00
Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO X58 Chipset
Included
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66GHz
Included
Processor Cooling: Intel Retail Quiet Cooler
Included
Memory: 3GB Triple Channel DDR3 1066
Included
Hard Drive One: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache - SATA II
$68.75
Optical Drive One: 20X Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive w/ LightScribe Technology
$18.75
Sound: Intel® High Definition 8-channel Dolby Home Theater
Included
Network Card: Onboard Dual Marvell 88E8056 Gigabit Controller
Included
Free Games!: Far Cry® 2
Security Software: Free Antivirus Software
Included
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit) SP1
The Final Finesse: Flawless Hand-crafted Wiring and Cable Management
Included
Warranty: 14 Month Standard Maingear Warranty

$1596 including the shipping.

Price seems high for the components listed.Only a two year warranty?

Yeah, and that's the only thing that makes me still consider Max. The only thing that Mainforce for me is the distance it is to ship the thing. Price wise Max is better.

Unfortunately shipping is one thing that's out of the builder's hands.And distance is no guarantee,you could end up with a trashed system shipped from ten miles away.Maingear is closer to me as well,though not by much,but they just don't give me the freedom in component selection I want.Max does,and at better prices for better brands.

I'm still stuck with a heavy load of stuff from a major family emergancy last month...father at death's door step type of stuff so the new rig is on hold for the next month. We're in a better position than last month...miracle man so far but things are too hectic to plop the money down. Max I do like better though and you're right on the shipping. A Dell has the same amount of risk in transit from China to the local Best Buy. I'll admit the Gateway i7 looked good for a bit but too bad of a reputation.

I never even thought about shipping distance when I ordered. It makes sense but shipping is just one of those things and yeah, 10 miles/1000 miles anything could happen.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope things turn out well.

And, I've considered holding out till spring on my order. This winter has been brutal this year too. Very cold and lots of snow/ice storms in the Mid West - Northeast.

Back