Im looking for a prog...

tOb3o

n00b
...I'm just wondering if there is some sort of program that would allow me to connect 2 pc's together, have 2 monitors, 1 keyboard and mouse controlled by one pc. one monitor is displaying one pc and the other the other. Now does such a program exist that I could easily switch from one monitor or pc to the other as if scrolling across a dual monitor set-up? - I think that last sentence sums up what I'm trying to say

Yea I was after a KVM switch...but a software one which switched as I scroll over onto the other monitor

which synergy offers

oh ok. Didn't know it was possible on software alone... pretty interesting to say the least

Progs like synergy do it over a router. I would think that lowers your Router security too.

wow I quite like this program, took me a while to get it sorted but now i've got it going it works great! Thanks DanW

Synergy is pretty great. Although lately, I have noticed some issues with it and vista with programs running in admin mode. That can be pretty annoying, but otherwise its glorious!

Back