Immortals of Aveum

for an Unreal 5.2 title with Lumen and Nanite I'm not seeing the graphical fidelity...even Remnant 2's Nanite implementation looks better as does Layers of Fear's Lumen

exactly as I said earlier...

Immortals of Aveum Disappoints as Unreal Engine 5’s True Debut

Immortals of Aveum can be considered to be the true debut in a triple-A game of Epic's Unreal Engine 5 technology...sure, Anshar/Bloober released the Layers of Fear remake with Lumen support (no Nanite) and Remnant 2 released with Nanite support (no Lumen) however, Ascendant's game is the first one to make abundant use of both Nanite and Lumen, not to mention other Unreal Engine 5.1 technologies like Niagara, Streaming Virtual Texturing, World Partition, and One File Per Actor

The thing is, the game doesn't run well at all, even on a high-end PC...on top of that, it doesn't always look great enough to justify that somehow...Lumen's lighting does steal the scene at times, but image sharpness is far from ideal and will likely have to be offset with post-processing sharpening shaders by advanced users...moreover, several textures look grainy even when viewed from some distance

But the main thorn in Immortals of Aveum is undoubtedly the disappointing performance...while AMD FSR 2.2 and DLSS 2 and 3 are available, they're simply not enough to make this game a smooth experience...DLSS 3 (Frame Generation) is currently outright unusable in this game...

https://wccftech.com/immortals-of-aveum-disappoints-as-unreal-engine-5s-true-debut/

38.00 on CD Keys still won't bite someone said it looks amazing but he was playing on a 84" Oled :p

exactly as I said earlier...

Immortals of Aveum Disappoints as Unreal Engine 5’s True Debut

Immortals of Aveum can be considered to be the true debut in a triple-A game of Epic's Unreal Engine 5 technology...sure, Anshar/Bloober released the Layers of Fear remake with Lumen support (no Nanite) and Remnant 2 released with Nanite support (no Lumen) however, Ascendant's game is the first one to make abundant use of both Nanite and Lumen, not to mention other Unreal Engine 5.1 technologies like Niagara, Streaming Virtual Texturing, World Partition, and One File Per Actor

The thing is, the game doesn't run well at all, even on a high-end PC...on top of that, it doesn't always look great enough to justify that somehow...Lumen's lighting does steal the scene at times, but image sharpness is far from ideal and will likely have to be offset with post-processing sharpening shaders by advanced users...moreover, several textures look grainy even when viewed from some distance

But the main thorn in Immortals of Aveum is undoubtedly the disappointing performance...while AMD FSR 2.2 and DLSS 2 and 3 are available, they're simply not enough to make this game a smooth experience...DLSS 3 (Frame Generation) is currently outright unusable in this game...

https://wccftech.com/immortals-of-aveum-disappoints-as-unreal-engine-5s-true-debut/
Fortnite was its true debut, and it looks fantastic. Anyway as I said... A good engine doesn't magically make a game look good. You still need good technical ability and art.

besides Lumen and Nanite does Fortnite have the complete UE5 feature set- Niagara, Streaming Virtual Texturing, World Partition, One File Per Actor etc?
1692705943420.png

polonyc2 confirmed to be a bot.

I was wondering why I kept getting so many Steam points I unsubed to my own thread on Steam cause I kept getting notifications. Posted this back in May I'm considering the game reviews are not bad.

Screenshot_20230822-094432.png

Screenshot_20230822-095947.png

622 players someone said Forspoken had 10k I think people just don't want to be burned or hate the agenda behind the game. People still bought Baldurs Gate in Mass proportions. Forspoken had a demo though which swayed people.

Did you seriously create a post asking if the game was woke? lol

I guess there is a character in the game who is female but you call her Sir I don't know her name so the game is woke.
Is it any mroe woke than BG3 I duno? I just saw a muscular female character in the game. The problem is character models
have gotten more realistic over the years. So people identify with them more then say stuff in World of Warcraft from 2004.

I guess there is a character in the game who is female but you call her Sir I don't know her name so the game is woke.
Is it any mroe woke than BG3 I duno? I just saw a muscular female character in the game. The problem is character models
have gotten more realistic over the years. So people identify with them more then say stuff in World of Warcraft from 2004.
smh

I just saw a muscular female character in the game...

the muscular female reminds me of the character from Last of Us: Part 2 (Abby?)...I'm also not sure if the character is supposed to be male as the other characters refer to 'her' with male pronouns

Played it for about 2 hours, which included the intro and training sequence. Game runs fine on my PC (4K resolution, all game settings at maximum setting, no DLSS), but I realize it is the upper echelon of hardware configurations. There is a split second of stuttering when the next area streams in, but that is it.

Gameplay is pretty fun and dynamic. I like the different spells and juggling them for different types of enemies. You get quite a few abilities to control enemies, too, so it never got boring for the short time I've played it so far. One tip I have to share after my experience is shoot all the wooden crates with glowy things on them for gold and essence. I didn't realize this until later. Also, your dodge can give you a little extra height on your jumps, so keep this in mind as your searching for golden chests that start appearing during the training section.

Graphics are really mediocre. The color palette of the world is quite muted, but this was probably purposeful to contrast it against your magic. The character models are actually well modeled and animated, though. This game has some of the best facial animations I've seen in any game.

The story is kind of interesting, but in the first hours of the game it seems like it goes by too fast. As a result I don't feel like I've developed any connection to any of the characters to care about what is happening to them. At the end of the intro, in particular, they quickly kill off all the characters you're living with who are supposedly your family, and it seemed pointless and hollow.

Ok bot. How many forums is that post cross-posted to this time? Too lazy to come up with unique responses? :)

I cross-post on multiple forums...it's the best way to get a response...sometime one forum doesn't have the answer and another member on another forum does...I don't consider it to be a big deal...this forum has some strange characters...the same 3 members will always link to the subscription Genmay forum even though the entire point is that not all members have access to that forum...almost as if they get paid a commission

I cross-post on multiple forums...it's the best way to get a response...sometime one forum doesn't have the answer and another member on another forum does...I don't consider it to be a big deal...this forum has some strange characters...the same 3 members will always link to the subscription Genmay forum even though the entire point is that not all members have access to that forum...almost as if they get paid a commission
I don't talk to bots, sorry. Mom said not to when I was a wee lad. :) I see you don't understand smileys, bot, either!

P. S. Pay wall makes for better posters I've noticed. I see nothing wrong with trying to attract people we like ;).

Last edited:

He's isn't a Bot just Ai

Don't know what is wrong with their PC because that's not how it's running for me. Perhaps it's an issue with frame gen in this game because I'm not using it.

Going to the article linked in the description shows the WCCF Tech editor is an idiot. They are making the usual idiotic assumption that DLSS 3 means frame gen exclusively.

Here are some gameplay benches with several different GPUs. He mentions that frame generation seems broken at this time as well.

View: https://youtu.be/FbJA-P3sRgo?si=PUxhJ0lZq_ZATirb

He's absolutely correct in the CPU/GPU impact not making sense. Anisotropic filtering has the largest impact according to that menu, which makes absolutely no sense in this day and age. I've been running nothing but x16 on every GPU and CPU for the past 20 years with no issue.

He's absolutely correct in the CPU/GPU impact not making sense. Anisotropic filtering has the largest impact according to that menu, which makes absolutely no sense in this day and age. I've been running nothing but x16 on every GPU and CPU for the past 20 years with no issue.
AF can still be mem bandwidth intensive nowadays at 16x. I've read people noticing it in the occasional game where 8x runs significantly better.

Update #1 Release Notes

General Fixes

-Fixed broken water visual effects, including reflections and visuals while standing and firing in the water
-Safeguarded against crashes and progression blockers
-Fixed an issue with the interact point on Selko
-Fixed an issue where players couldn’t reach Alacrity Fane
-Performance improvements, including areas where in-world Corruption is present

PC-Specific

-Improved the shader compilation screen

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2009100/view/3689064842517258901

Back