Import Digital Certificate in IE - Works but doesn't show up?

StarTrek4U

Gawd
So I've got a bit of a weird problem, one of the web applications we use is moving from a user id/password to a digital certificate based login. I have a PC on my network that is showing the following symptoms:
I can browse to and run through the certificate import wizard through IE 7, it says the import was successful, however no cert shows up in the Personal store (which is where it needs to be). I can open up MMC and use the certificate snap-in and add it there, it will show up there but will still not appear in IE. Without it showing in IE I cannot access the site that uses the cert (the window pops open to pick a cert, but none are listed). This is a windows XP machine with the latest updates applied. I have tried various user accounts with varying levels of permissions upto and including our domain administrator account. I have disabled AV and other security apps with no effect. I'm at a bit of a loss as other machines in our environment work fine.

Google hasn't been much help, if anyone here has seen something like this or has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Back