Improve BB Reception

StarTrek4U

Gawd
We recently went and purchased a bunch of Blackberry's for our company- which we needed for a few of the features they had, however our reception with them (BB Bold 9650) is less than stellar. I'm looking to see if there are options for improving cell reception, particularly in a vehicle, that people have tried or have experience with?

I've seen these glass-mount passive repeaters as well as powered antenna's that plug into a cig lighter. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with stuff like this and if they work or are just a waste of money? Or if you have any other ideas to improve the reception on the phones beyond the PRL update and running the latest software, both of which have been done.

Any antenna will give you a boost. Powered ones are better, but clumsy. I've never used one, but there are a tonne of options out there. The ones I've seen recommended are for mobile internet sticks, but the same applies to a cell as well. I don't think the BB has a standard FME connector. You'd have to use an adapter. Try 3gstore.com

Back