Improved highlighting of search terms

DanK

Gawd
Hello HardForum admins,

Would it be possible to change the highlighting in the results of a search to a color combination that's not possible for a user to normally create (like a yellow background behind the word)? This is mostly a problem with the For Sale area, where some people get happy with colors; it can be difficult for me to find the bold red text of the highlighted search term among all the other bold red text that might be in the thread.

"But why not use your browser's search function to find the search term?" you might ask. Dat's a good kreschun! Because of the 1 search/minute limit, I usually put everything I'm looking for into one query (so if I was searching for water cooling parts, I might have a search like "Eheim OR Hydor OR Dangerden OR Koolance OR Swiftech OR radiator OR rad OR pump OR heatercore"). I might not know which search term is in the thread, so searching with my browser would take more time than just scrolling and looking. Better highlighting would make this process easier and quicker.

If it's possible, I think it would be a nice improvement; if it's not, then thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

google toolbar + "highlight" enabled.

then search "site:www.hardforum.com Hydor OR Dangerden OR Koolance OR Swiftech OR radiator OR rad OR pump OR heatercore"

looks something like this:

highlight.JPG

Back