In need of Micro ATX Socket A w/ SATA

anths

Limp Gawd
Guys, the title speaks for itself. I need a motherboard to put in my aria until the nforce 4 boards come out. I have a mobile athlon 2400 35 watt left over from a few trades that I want to put to good use. I need a board with SATA (raptor 74gb and plextor sata optical drive) and overclocking in MicroATX form factor - what do you suggest? I've been googling and searching through newegg all day and can't pick one out. I just got 1gb of OCZ platinum rev. 2 in hope of nforce 4 boards being out sooner and it is just begging to be overclocked to hell.

I thought the plextor sata drives were only compatible with Intel Chipsets...hmm...I'll have to check that...

EDIT: Doesn't say anything on their website, however the MSI combo drive does.

As for boards, the MSI KM4AM has SATA, and I the Gigabyte GA-7VM400MF-S does as well

I don't know why the plextor wouldnt work with AMD chipsets, but if you find something out about that, please let me know!

I just called a friend, I can trade him my mobile barton for his 2500+ if need be, but I really need onboard SATA because I really dont want to buy a card (although I will if necessary)

Thanks a lot for the help. I ended up getting the biostar board and a pci SATA card - best I could do with what I have. I'll be getting an nforce 4 board as soon as one comes out so this should hold me over until then.

also: I looked up the Plextor - it will work with AMD chipsets (atleast the nforce3) and with work with add-on cards.

Back