In need of some Twitch help :-/

Before anyone asks; yes I have asked Twitch for help and the best I could find on the subject was this dated topic.

I am hoping that in this sub forum full of people who enjoy gaming as much as I do that someone might be able to explain a few things to me. I sure would appreciate it.

Over the last few days I have been testing out a handful of software encoders and settings. During this time I have also been asking a few (close) friends to help me out by viewing the streaming videos to tell me what they think of the output quality. One of the things that is bothering me is that despite having asked people to view my streams (via direct links) my view count still shows up at "0". The second issue of mine is that I can not find my live stream(s) nor recordings when browsing the game title of what I am currently playing even after having used the drop down "now playing" menu.

Am I doing something wrong? I could swear that I have combed over every setting and found nothing that would explain why this is happening. Are these features enabled as your account generates more traffic? Perhaps these are turned on if you become a paid member?

I streamed WoW raids for a few other people to watch, I don't recall if I showed up in the game list. I wouldn't worry about the view count, I've seen mine sit at 0 when I was watching my own stream for testing and it updated later.

Somewhat related; If your goal (like most Twitcher's goal) is to make money with your stream then be prepared to be disappointed.

Before anyone asks; yes I have asked Twitch for help and the best I could find on the subject was this dated topic.

I am hoping that in this sub forum full of people who enjoy gaming as much as I do that someone might be able to explain a few things to me. I sure would appreciate it.

Over the last few days I have been testing out a handful of software encoders and settings. During this time I have also been asking a few (close) friends to help me out by viewing the streaming videos to tell me what they think of the output quality. One of the things that is bothering me is that despite having asked people to view my streams (via direct links) my view count still shows up at "0". The second issue of mine is that I can not find my live stream(s) nor recordings when browsing the game title of what I am currently playing even after having used the drop down "now playing" menu.

Am I doing something wrong? I could swear that I have combed over every setting and found nothing that would explain why this is happening. Are these features enabled as your account generates more traffic? Perhaps these are turned on if you become a paid member?

The view count was a bug that I think is fixed. It might not be fixed though. The other issue I'm not really sure. Are you sorting it by hitting the "View All Live Channels" button?

Somewhat related; If your goal (like most Twitcher's goal) is to make money with your stream then be prepared to be disappointed.

That all depends on if he has a entertaining personality or not and if he will be streaming a lot.

some people like to stream to stream.

friend and i stream on the weekends just because no other reason we get 10-15 viewers.

I've seen mine sit at 0 when I was watching my own stream for testing and it updated later.

That is one of the problems I am still having. The other being that anything I record does not show up on Twitch's search.

Nope. I used to record myself playing a lot of WarCraft for the sake of self improvement. After a while other people wanted to see themselves and how I used to deal with encounters. Since then I find streaming to be much more convenient.

So does anyone know why my videos are not showing up on search? Let me give you an example using the closed beta of Nosgoth - the newest entry in the Legacy of Kain series. Searching for "Nosgoth" turns up a handful of videos since it is still in closed beta. Mine, however, is not one of them.

:-/

Back