In need of some Water cooling parts advice..

I'm planning on doing the water cooling myself on my new system. Before i had just bought a corsair kit with everything there, and it was real easy. But now that I have a bit more experience, and a bit more understanding of how water cooling works, i'd like to build my own water cooling system from better components.

I'm going to be cooling the cpu only, and it's a socket am2. Can somebody point me in the right direction of some of the tried and tested and very good parts such as the cpu waterblock, the pump, what size tubing i should be thinking about and the rad?

Thanks for any input :)

for the cpu block, id get the storm if you can afford it and for the pump, the swiftech mcp655 is a winner as for the tubing, some masterkleer 7/16" happens to be very popular on this forum and is pretty cheap too ;)

thanks for the solid advice bro.

Is it the flow that i am looking at when deciding on a pump, how much waterflow they can output?

Are any of the DD pumps any good, like the DD5?

Black ice was the rad i was already looking at, so that is good to have a 2nd person say that.

And i noticed the swiftech pumped look ALOT like the dd5

Thanks for the advice guys.

1/2 inch barbs with 7/16 inch tubing
the mcp 655 is a decent pump. I say mp 5 le for the water block. As for case many recomend the original stacker?
black ice pro or gt. Depending on the case 1 120mm or 1 240 mm radiator.

Someone has to have better information than me.

Makave7i Tha Don said:
thanks for the solid advice bro.

Is it the flow that i am looking at when deciding on a pump, how much waterflow they can output?

Are any of the DD pumps any good, like the DD5?
the first thing you look at is the max head pressure, this will tell you how well the pump will do against restriction then you look at the max flow

thecoldanddarkone said:
1/2 inch barbs with 7/16 inch tubing
the mcp 655 is a decent pump. I say mp 5 le for the water block. As for case many recomend the original stacker?
black ice pro or gt. Depending on the case 1 120mm or 1 240 mm radiator.

Someone has to have better information than me.
id get the aerocool masstige, its very similiar to the stacker and is alot cheaper too :D

Back